Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    clark60 is offline Junior Member

Default 9650

Can an envelope feeder be added to the 9650.

How does the quality compare on the Ricoh 420.

Do you know of any other options besides the Xante and PSI Envelope printers

damfino is offline Senior Member

Can an envelope feeder be added to the 9650?
    No...not from from Okidata or any secondary supplier.

How does the quality compare on the Ricoh 420?

Ricoh has two 'speeds' - the slow speed (13 per minute) matches the Oki...but the Oki is around 50 per minute at full quality. The Ricoh can max 27 per minute at a lower dpi (600 x600, I believe). No feeder available either - just 50 or so at a time.

Do you know of any other options besides the Xante and PSI Envelope printers?
    No. Both of these companies have their pluses and minuses. Xante has a larger presence in the market and can offer better service - PSI service is extremely poor. But the PSI has continuous feed. Cranking the Xante feeder up and down is a real productivity killer. With the PSI you can queue up a dozen jobs and never have to stop to fill up with stock.

Remember, both Xante and PSI lock you into their toner (you can purchase Oki branded drums, fusers, and belts, however)

BTW, the Xerox 7400 is a re-branded Oki 9650...also with proprietary consumables, both drums and toner. No feeder available.

djkaip is offline Junior Member

People looking for a nice envelope feeder for laser printers should check out the straight shooter laser envelope feeder. There is video on YouTube. This video shows the feeder running with an oki data.

YouTube - Straight Shooter Laser Envelope Feeder

Pretty cool.

DJ Kaiping

Thanks for the heads up.

Looks much better than my PSI - no tray modification necessary and no proprietary consumables. Construction looks much more robust than the PSI as well. Might work with other printers provided they have a straight paper path.

Buy an off the shelf and you are good to go. Wish this was available 6 months ago!

Londen is offline Junior Member

Can the envelopes printed by Okidata 9650 be run through another laser printer again?

Default Genererly, Yes

You may have to select a higher fuser temperature by running the printer slower if you know for a fact that they will go back through a printer. In general, not much of a problem if the customer's desktop printer is black toner, but can be problematic if color (runs hotter).

BTY, larger envelopes must be run at a slower speed to avoid toner flaking. Those claimed speeds of 50-60 a minute are for 24 lb. #10 or smaller only; 9 x12" are more like 25-30 a minute.

Dave

GrantStreet is offline Junior Member

I would not recommend it as I printed letter head for a customer using the Okidata and the image transfered several time down the sheet. I had to print it on a Konica C500 to get it to work ok.

Default Xante Ilumina don't buy!

Save your money and by directly from Okidata the 9650 or the 3641 then purchase the Straight Shooter for feeding envelopes and postcard stock. Overall cost would be around $10,000.00

Quote Originally Posted by damfino View Post
    Can an envelope feeder be added to the 9650?
    No...not from from Okidata or any secondary supplier.

How does the quality compare on the Ricoh 420?

Ricoh has two 'speeds' - the slow speed (13 per minute) matches the Oki...but the Oki is around 50 per minute at full quality. The Ricoh can max 27 per minute at a lower dpi (600 x600, I believe). No feeder available either - just 50 or so at a time.

Do you know of any other options besides the Xante and PSI Envelope printers?
    No. Both of these companies have their pluses and minuses. Xante has a larger presence in the market and can offer better service - PSI service is extremely poor. But the PSI has continuous feed. Cranking the Xante feeder up and down is a real productivity killer. With the PSI you can queue up a dozen jobs and never have to stop to fill up with stock.

Remember, both Xante and PSI lock you into their toner (you can purchase Oki branded drums, fusers, and belts, however)

BTW, the Xerox 7400 is a re-branded Oki 9650...also with proprietary consumables, both drums and toner. No feeder available.
    The envelope feeder that works is the Straight shooter LH-12, I bought the Pineberry one didn't work and I have seen the PSI at another shop and they have problems so does Xante but the Straight shooter is the one to buy damn it works good.

OutSourceD is offline Member

How much is the LF-12 Laser Envelope Feeder?
    OutSourceD

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast