Windows 7 to mac server connection problems
I tried a search for this topic but probably used the wrong words...
We have a new PC running Windows 7 and for the life of me I cannot get it to connect to our files on the mac server. I can see it in the list of network places but it will not connect. I did find this info somewhere else on the internets
From Windows 7:
1. Type Secpol.msc in start button.
2. Expand "Local Policies" and select "Security Options."
3. Alternate : Type secpol.msc to get editor up then
4. Locate "Network Security: LAN Manager Authentication Level" in the list and double-click it.
5. Change the setting from "Send NTMLv2 response only" to "Send LM & NTLM -use NTLMv2 session if negotiated" Apply & OK.
6. Then locate "Network Security: Minimum session security for NTLM SSP Based (including secure RPC) Clients."
7. Change the setting from "require 128 bit" to unchecked (No Minimum).
8. Click Apply and OK.
which people were saying worked like magics but apparently my magics are kaput because I followed these instructions and we still can't connect to the mac server. I need to get this figured out soon, because there are other PCs in the building that will be replaced soon and they really need to be able to access the files server.
Anyone have any ideas or handy hints?