Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    M&M Displays is offline Member

Vutek service agreement is very $$$$. We have never had one. The guy that runs our press could work for them. We get hour head replacement thru Nazdar and the ink volume we buy.

Cliff is offline Member

You got that right very pricey indeed,
    The issue is arizona printhead failures. so what environment the printer is in is important, static is a big one, and what materials printed are used, of course head stikes are deadly.

We have been very fortunate with head strikes. Don't get me wrong we have had 3-4 dozen but the strike has never taken out a head. We even had a few on .024 Alum. Turned the sheet into a pretzel but the heads were OK

Corey is offline Junior Member

Most often, frequent failures with the printhead are caused by static on the media. What kind of media are you printing on most frequently? Are you seeing printing defects? If so what kinds?

Athil Raihani is offline Junior Member

Default Oce Arizona 500

We have had the Oce Arizona 500 for the past 20 months and already we have had 3 printheads go. We pay £1100 every month for maintenance, and today the engineer was called in AGAIN as the machine was not working properly, he then told us we have to buy another head and pay £5000 for ONE HEAD !!!
    The head failure was not our fault and seems to be a fault of the electrical system within the machine as the engineer suggested, but Oce are saying we must pay for it. When we complained to Oce, they basically told us to pay up or shut up!!
    Who can afford to pay for printheads going wrong every few months? I will not recommend this machine to anyone again and will never buy another Oce product again.
    Regards
    Athil

Quote Originally Posted by frankiekoh View Post
    Dear All,

I looking for some statistic for the printhead failure for Arizona 250GT,

I am having Oce Arizona 250GT for more than year and already change more than 8 Printhead. The nozzle failure simpton is starting with one or two nozzle cloged and more nozzle fail after perform purging or cleaning with flushing solution, the nozzle fail always next to each to each other nozzle. anyone had this exprience please help how to manage it.

Thank You
    Frankie Koh

Cliff is offline Member

We you say they go ( fail ) are you talking about complete failure or just blockage ? I have found that even machines under so called contract have ink filter that are way overdue for changing. If you are talking about nozzle clogging there are ways to solve it without changing or removing the head. Send me or post a photo of your jet test.

Quote Originally Posted by Athil Raihani View Post
    We have had the Oce Arizona 500 for the past 20 months and already we have had 3 printheads go. We pay £1100 every month for maintenance, and today the engineer was called in AGAIN as the machine was not working properly, he then told us we have to buy another head and pay £5000 for ONE HEAD !!!
    The head failure was not our fault and seems to be a fault of the electrical system within the machine as the engineer suggested, but Oce are saying we must pay for it. When we complained to Oce, they basically told us to pay up or shut up!!
    Who can afford to pay for printheads going wrong every few months? I will not recommend this machine to anyone again and will never buy another Oce product again.
    Regards
    Athil
    Tell Oce thank you very much and goodbye, will be looking at a replacement for the 500 and it WILL NOT be an Oce product. I don't think I've every met one happy Arizona customer. I've known 5 companies who ran they and they all had major issues. Do you self a huge favor and start looking for another printer if you have not already

Hi Cliff, the head is completely destroyed. The engineer said that they normally run at 47C and this had gone up to 140C. This is not our fault as the machine hardware was faulty, but Oce are still arguing the toss with us. "Customer comes first?" not when you're dealing with Oce!
    We have a very strict service and daily routine on cleaning and purging. We only use Original Oce inks and have been using these machines for four years. The 550GT we've got is a Friday Night job and has always been going wrong. Oce even replaced the whole motherboard inside the machine 2-3 months ago!!
    Anyone out there thinking of buying an Arizona from Oce, think again!! They are great at selling their machines but absolute rubbish at aftersales service.
    Athil

Hi guys, we have already got the Oce people here and their attitude stinks, they never accept responsibility and all they are interested in is making money out of us. We are all here to make money, but Oce are just a "rip off" plain and simple.
    We have looked at a Swiss machine made by Spandex and also at the Mimaki flatbed as we have two JV33's and they work perfectly.
    While printing White ink on the Arizona, we could be cleaning the head for 90 mins, yes 90 minutes, before we can get the heads to fire properly !
    The machine has been down three times in the last three months, on one occasion, it went down on Monday morning and was finally up and running on Friday afternoon! And we pay £1100 a month for maintenance contract !!
    The Oce rep is always telling us the Arizona is the best product on the market!! We know through experience that this is not the case.

Cliff is offline Member

I should correct myself. We have the OCE alter ego, Fuji Acuity HD which is identical in every respect except color. Service is marginal although we have a few OCE reps here that promise the moon and stars about service. Obviously here in Canada we are in a distortion field. At any rate we have had only one head failure and one blocked because of over the weekend leak. The head failure one we did manage to get it free since it was within the 1st year ( Fuji ) . Head are considered consumables even under a service agreement which is nuts. Our Vuteks at least have 1 head per color per year for failures etc. The Acuity is running 2 to 3 shifts at times but is never off.
    Now since it melted down on its own you have a good case, you need to move up the food chain. Anyone who gets terrible service and pays for it is in the right. Be ready for a fight, get prepared. Since I service these and other printers I can tell you its really not normal. Frying board and head is usually power related, get the input power lines checked and out put voltages check. almost think there was an error during install.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast