pworden is offline Member

Default Looking for recommendations for substrate/printer for canvas prints

I have an Epson 9600 an HP5500 and an HPZ5200 available. Looking to print on a canvas-type of material. I've looked at some wall art available locally and it looks to be glued to a frame by machine, not stretched, stapled and taped. Also, there is a finish on the outside. I've done a bit of this printing but on plain canvas, stretched manually.
    Is this store-bought piece I describe sound like a completely machine-done process?
    What would you recommend to do a small but regular amount of canvas printing for wall art?
    Thanks for any input.

ericvon is offline Junior Member

If you are going to do your own stretching then I would recommend Epson or Hahnemuhle canvas. There are a ton of suppliers out there. Let me know if you need any help tracking some down. All we do is print canvas so we would be glad to help. - Eric

photo-on-canvas is offline Junior Member

the Epson R2880 is a cracking printer for canvas and not expensive, the canvas is cheap too and comes in a few gsm's on rolls
    you can add coatings too, if you want say a satin or gloss appearance
    the stretcher bars are the awkward thing to get and use unless you buy in quantity
    maybe speak to a local framer and get a deal or just go straight to an online canvas printer to do the whole job for you
    here is a link to a good place, who has great prices and are very helpful

all the best with your idea
    Last edited by prwhite; 02-12-2013 at 01:09 PM. Reason: embedded link

pworden is offline Member

Thanks for the pointers! I did a small project and bought stretcher bars from French Canvas - pricing was reasonable.