Absence of Just a Printer

I was thinking the same last week, Greg. I find Dan's content quite therapeutic after a long day's work!

His last update did seem to just come across as he's too busy to make videos. A real pity as it was a weekly fix before.

I've seen similar in a number of other channels I watch. It's like the novelty wears off, I'm sure they're a lot more work than they seem.

I HATE the new membership model youtube introduced and alot of channels have signed up to. It's just greedy, they make their money from views, better content = more views = more income. I'm sorry, as much as I appreciate the work I can't see myself ever paying a monthly fee to view anything like this.

Last edited:
It is unreal the amount of time it takes to edit a video. I'm not super fast, but it takes me 4-6 hours in Premiere to make a 10 minute video. I could probably change my format and get it to 2-3 hours, BUT trying to find 2-3 hours every week in the middle of the summer when you're busy and enjoying time with family unfortunately just takes the back seat.

Non-printing related channel.

If I had to guess, based on Dan's format, I think he probably is spending 1-3 hours of editing per video.

Let's hope he's just too darn busy to do a video. Or maybe he just doesn't have any fresh content that's worth making a video on. I quit youtube a long time ago when they changed all the requirements and quotas. I thought it pushed quantity over quality and I was right. I can't stand watching 30 minutes worth the video to get 5 minutes worth of decent information. That's what they've pushed producers into. I've had it with all the click bait titles as well.

Let's hope he's just too darn busy to do a video. Or maybe he just doesn't have any fresh content that's worth making a video on. I quit youtube a long time ago when they changed all the requirements and quotas. I thought it pushed quantity over quality and I was right. I can't stand watching 30 minutes worth the video to get 5 minutes worth of decent information. That's what they've pushed producers into. I've had it with all the click bait titles as well.
Just call his business, lmao.

Big changes are coming to the internet pretty quickly here. I'm involved with something (a project) kind of esoteric at the moment but as time moves forward it won't be very esoteric at all.

It's not "web3" type stuff. I'd file what I'm a part of as more of an internet 2.0, or even just the internet as it was supposed to be.

It is unreal the amount of time it takes to edit a video. I'm not super fast, but it takes me 4-6 hours in Premiere to make a 10 minute video. I could probably change my format and get it to 2-3 hours, BUT trying to find 2-3 hours every week in the middle of the summer when you're busy and enjoying time with family unfortunately just takes the back seat.

Non-printing related channel.

If I had to guess, based on Dan's format, I think he probably is spending 1-3 hours of editing per video.
There are some great AI tools out there now that let you make quick work of editing.

His last update did seem to just come across as he's too busy to make videos. A real pity as it was a weekly fix before.

I've seen similar in a number of other channels I watch. It's like the novelty wears off, I'm sure they're a lot more work than they seem.

I HATE the new membership model youtube introduced and alot of channels have signed up to. It's just greedy, they make their money from views, better content = more views = more income. I'm sorry, as much as I appreciate the work I can't see myself ever paying a monthly fee to view anything like this.
Agreed... a number of channels I subscribed to have even gone as far as to make their own private communities on their own websites, etc. They then have loyal fanboys that talk down to you if you dare question it...it just strikes me as a kick in the teeth that I've subscribed to you for years, from when you have 10 subscribers but because I won't pay $100 a month to join your special club, I'm lucky to get 1 video a month now.

NOT saying this is what Dan did as I very much doubt it.

It has been almost 4 months since a video has been uploaded. Anyone know what's up?
I miss his weekly updates. He was the reason, I started to shoot some video myself. Unfortunately I understand his pain because I find it hard to find time to shoot and edit and I don't want to post some god awful 45 minute video that doesn't have any kind of rhyme or reason to it. Hopefully he'll get some help with his production so he can throw up a video here or there.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back