Esko Spark and Film Question

photohap

I recently joined an envelope company as a platemaker, transitioning from a 15-year career as a graphic designer. My initial solo day on the job proved to be both hectic and challenging after a few days of training. Our primary equipment for CTP flexo plates and film, specifically for dry offset plates, is the Esko Spark, which I believe is the 2530 model.

Although I had only received a few days of training on film, I encountered an issue when I noticed faint lines on the film resembling those on the plate holding drum. During the film-making process on the Esko, I left the film in the machine for over an hour after the imaging was completed. I'm curious if this time could have led to the appearance of these lines. I didn't attempt to make another one yet.

I took care to select the "film" option on both the plate making software and the imager software within the Esko system. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back