is shino integrator roller same as "Z" roller

spigot

having a discussion witha colleague at work. His opinion was that integrator or rider roller in the damper train does not integrate the water form roller and the inking form, he says he uses it to get ink on the form damper then locks it "off" for the production run. Older style shino with roller "hooks" on it

On my press, which is a newer one, i leave it on auto so it comes on when the feeder is engaged for production. I always assumed that it worked in the same way as the Z roller in other presses, integrating a small amount of water to the first inker to smooth and assist in transfer.
Its a 2006/2007 shino with touchyfeely screen controls, 5 colour.
However colleague says it only rides on the form damper, it doesnt actually contact both to bridge the gap.
Hes probably right, i hadnt really thought about before, only touched it on for washup.
It doesnt matter either way, im just curious, and dont really like not knowing things like that:D

Spigot,

If the rider roller is in the up position ( the end roller collars ar horizontal) then it is bridging between the water form and 1st form.

If the rider roller is in the down position (the end roller collars are vertical) then it is just riding on the water form and not intergrated to the 1st ink form.

You have it horisontal to ink up or wash up.
It can be run in the horizontal position, which will be intergrated. But you may get emuslification issues, if your dampers arn't set correctly.

Normally you would be running it in the vertical. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you were using SPIS on your machine, the bridging roller flips down after the machine automatically inks up. The 52 series shino, you have to manually flip the bridging roller up or down.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back