Kodak Achieve platesetter Momentum rip Navigator

BJeff

We are wanting to stop using prinergy and I need a solution to still send the images(1bit tifs) to the Kodak Achieve CTP. I have been talking to Xitron they have quoted a price to bring in their navigator software and tiff catcher. Is this a good solution? We would go from preps to Quite hot. The company is looking to go more to a digital platform, we only have the 2 small presses. So getting rid of prinergy seems like a good move. Adding Enfocus switch to the mix also. Any advice pitfalls, we could move to just Evo.

They would have to prize Prinergy out of my cold, dead hands LOL
The Achieve should already have a Tiff catcher (Expo) so all you should need is the ability to render 1 bit Tiffs to send to Expo.

They would have to prize Prinergy out of my cold, dead hands LOL
The Achieve should already have a Tiff catcher (Expo) so all you should need is the ability to render 1 bit Tiffs to send to Expo.
I have the momentum Rip and was able to get the tif's to the Achieve but failed because it said not a Kodak cerified tif. I do have xpo. There if just a disconnect and I do not know how to make the connection.

I've used Xitron for ages and never had an issue with anything. I started using them in the mid 90's. It will just work.

I have the momentum Rip and was able to get the tif's to the Achieve but failed because it said not a Kodak cerified tif. I do have xpo. There if just a disconnect and I do not know how to make the connection.
Hello BJeff,
if you are open for alternative RIP solutions, try out StudioRIP which contains already the needed "Creo2Scitex" TIFF tag for connecting to Kodak Xpo TIFF-Shooter.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back