Mac OS 13 and Adobe Creative Suite / Pantone Connect

infopkg

Hello everyone! I am thinking about upgrading my Mac OS to 13, and I was wondering if there are any compatibility issues with the Adobe Creative suite? Is anyone currently using Pantone Connect? What are your thoughts? Debating whether or not to put an older version of Adobe Suites on my computer to have the Pantone Uncoated/Coated swatches available. Thank you!

Hello everyone! I am thinking about upgrading my Mac OS to 13, and I was wondering if there are any compatibility issues with the Adobe Creative suite?

Just to make sure: I assume you meant Creative Cloud (CC), NOT Creative Suite (CS). Because non-subscription CS apps (the latest being CS6) won't work on macOS 13.

My biggest issue with CS is the constant 'upgrading' of the apps by Adobe wether you want it or not.
Recently 'font activation' has gone wonky. Sigh. Day to day it is acting differently.
And then they constantly 'add new features' which CHANGES your defaults (Acrobat) BACK to what THEY think your defaults should be and you have to hunt down the settings that should have been left the same as you had them.
Sigh.
Apple isn't much better with these same issues IMO.
And we pay EXTRA to be treated this way.

My biggest issue with CS is the constant 'upgrading' of the apps by Adobe wether you want it or not.

I wonder you have have auto-update enabled in Creative Cloud app? Then you can disable it (as you may know anyway).

1696703663740.png

Just to make sure: I assume you meant Creative Cloud (CC), NOT Creative Suite (CS). Because non-subscription CS apps (the latest being CS6) won't work on macOS 13.
You're right, it is called the Creative Cloud. I was just referring to the newest versions of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign.

I wonder you have have auto-update enabled in Creative Cloud app? Then you can disable it (as you may know anyway).
Oh yes. We definitely have it turned off.
But we interface with 'cutting edge' designers.
So my machine is the guinea pig for software updates.
:)
My 'solutions' to problems trickle down as updates are rolled out to the rest of the team.

Hello everyone! I am thinking about upgrading my Mac OS to 13, and I was wondering if there are any compatibility issues with the Adobe Creative suite? Is anyone currently using Pantone Connect? What are your thoughts? Debating whether or not to put an older version of Adobe Suites on my computer to have the Pantone Uncoated/Coated swatches available. Thank you!
If you have an older version of creative suite somewhere, you can just copy the pantone coated and uncoated files to the presest-->color books folder in the new app to get the old libraries.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back