New Workflow options

minder

Hello everyone.
I work for a company that basically deals with all types of print from
Litho (Books, Posters, Flyers),
Large Format (Banners, Signs, Posters)
Digital (Flyers, Books, signs)
and Packaging (stands custom designs).

We are in the process of updating our workflow to something that will integrate all our departments in prepress. We have a prepress person in each of the areas we deal in.
Right now I"m using Nexus 8.1 (i know it's old) and impose files in Quark 6. Not too sure how the other people work in their departments.
The workflow systems we are looking at are Fuji's XMF, Kodak's Prinergy and the ESKO package.
It seem like i'm the only one with any sort of workflow experience, i have worked with Fuji's XMF in the past.

I have googled and searched much as possible, but need other forms of input.
What i would like know is, what is our best options as to workflows that can handle everything we do?
Pro's & Con's to each workflow system as regards to customer service, updates and service contracts.
We are getting great support from both Kodak and Fuji and they have managed to answer all our questions, but i would like to hear from others what they think.
The ownership is also getting our input as to what we need to make things run smooth

We are also running tests right now on Kodak's (Sonora) and Fuji's (Ecommax) process-less plates and seeing what works best for us. Any thoughts, issues or ideas on this would also help.
Our Pressmen don't seem to be having any issues with the plates, they seem to run good.
At a later date we will update our plate setter (which at the moment is a Creo Trendsetter 800 manual feed that does about 8 plates an hour - very old and slow).

Thank you to everyone who is able to help with some input.

Highly recommend Fuji XMF, its cheaper compared to the others and is much faster to use once you are used to it, Ive used Prinergy, Apogee, Truflow, Xitron etc and XMF is the best one ive used, there way of thinking is a lot more efficient in IMO. But if your doing a lot of packaging, esko would be the choice, its just very expensive.

Last edited:
Highly recommend Fuji XMF, its cheaper compared to the others and is much faster to use once you are used to it, Ive used Prinergy, Apogee, Truflow, Xitron etc and XMF is the best one ive used, there way of thinking is a lot more efficient in IMO. But if your doing a lot of packaging, esko would be the choice, its just very expensive.

we are moving from RAMpage to XMF while XMF is lacking in a couple of areas over all its a way better package.

Trapping. RAMpage manual trapping is more feature rich- and as described in another thread the pantone libraries

Another vote for Heidelberg Printready, you get the tools you need to cover all aspects of printing with ease.

Not trying to Hi-Jack this thread but I too am in the same boat as the O.P. I'm at a commercial printing company and currently using Rampage. Have had several meetings / demos with various vendors, (Prinergy, XMF, Apogee) Cosmo, I see you said you had worked with Truflow. What's your opinion on that workflow?? Trueflow is one that Upper Management is leaning toward going to. Any input is needed and welcomed, please!!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back