Unique Rotation, Skew and Mirroring in Acrobat Pro DC

Mike the Print Man

Got another video that I hope some folks will find useful. This is about how to rotate page content in different degrees besides 90 or 180 within Acrobat. Also shows how to mirror images directly in Acrobat.

Thanks.

Your article about rotation and mirroring is very nicely done.
'Skew' is a distortion in one or both dimensions.
THAT is a feature I would like to access in Acrobat.

Your article about rotation and mirroring is very nicely done.
'Skew' is a distortion in one or both dimensions.
THAT is a feature I would like to access in Acrobat.
Yeah, I don't think it can get that fancy. It was mainly focused more on when you scan and your ADF is a little skewed.

Thanks for watching!

Yeah, I don't think it can get that fancy. It was mainly focused more on when you scan and your ADF is a little skewed.

Thanks for watching!
There is that word again.
'Skewed' would mean distorted in one or more dimensions.
You mean to say 'Rotated' albeit slighty.
Yes I am picking a nit - but they are completely different graphic dimensional descriptions.
It's like saying 'Yeah, that's a little white' when it's black.
Completely different.
See photoshop 'Skew' commands.
Sheesh. Bye.

There is that word again.
'Skewed' would mean distorted in one or more dimensions.
You mean to say 'Rotated' albeit slighty.
Yes I am picking a nit - but they are completely different graphic dimensional descriptions.
It's like saying 'Yeah, that's a little white' when it's black.
Completely different.
See photoshop 'Skew' commands.
Sheesh. Bye.
Yep, there is that word again. Here is the definition:

"If something is skewed, it is changed or affected to some extent by a new or unusual factor, and so is not correct or normal."

That is exactly what I mean when I say "your auto document feeder is skewed". I'm not talking about the skew function in Photoshop, or the skew of a graphic. I'm talking about the fact your scan isn't straight. Whether that be "rotated" one way or another, it has been changed or affected to some extent.

Sheesh.

This was nice video for anyone that hasn’t used this feature before.

I know that when I setup a custom paper on my Xerox, the rotation of an image with perpendicular angles compared to the perpendicular shape of the paper stock is called skew. If the image angles are not perpendicular then I don’t change the skew, I change the perpendicularity.

I’m sure a mathematician could explain in great detail how both Adobe and Xerox are using the terms correctly. I’m not too interested in learning that now; I just need to know what to change to place an image on a sheet of paper so the lines that should be parallel are in fact parallel to one another.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back