Web 2 Print provider opinion wanted

MichelleM

We are looking at a new web 2 print solution. We are currently running Kodak Insite Storefront but as it is not being supported from 1 Jan 2015 we are looking for a replacement.

We've looked at MarcomCentral and are just wanting opinions on their service level, how the system runs and if there is anything for us to look out for :)

If anyone has a great suggestion for an alternative, I'd be grateful. We are running both offset and digital and Kodak Prinergy workflow. Also, not sure if it says above, we are in Australia :)

Last edited:
Do you have an MIS system? Without knowing specifics, I would guess that the tie-in between W2P to MIS is probably going to serve you better than W2P to prepress workflow software. Of course, MIS to prepress workflow is also going to be important. It will all depend on what you are looking for.

Stephen Marsh

Hi Stephen,

We are using Prism.

Thanks, Michelle

My first question is - is it important that online orders flow into your MIS? I believe that this is critical, however you may not feel so.

So, the second question is - does EFI/Prism provide an online ecommerce and or web to print solution? Do third party developers offer a solution to “plug into” Prism? (I don’t believe that they do, however I may be wrong).

Ideally, a web to print solution provides live bi-directional feedback between the two systems. When a new online order is placed, the data seamlessly flows into the MIS. When the MIS updates info such as order status (active to dispatched, invoiced etc), then the online portal should reflect this data.

The third question is - what if you could replace your aged Prism system with a new MIS that included out of the box bi-directional e-commerce and web 2 print software, probably for less money than a stand alone web to print store front that did not communicate to anything?

Some of these considerations are explored in this topic thread:

http://printplanet.com/forums/web-enabled-printing-systems/33268-mis-w2p-how-much-does-cost-play

Stephen Marsh

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back