Xerox C60 White Line

NorwoodPress

I am currently getting a white solid line going across my prints. I did a CMYK test to see if it's a drum. Well it only appears on Cyan, so I swapped the Cyan drum around with the Magenta Drum. Still getting the same white line in the same place, so surely can't be a drum issue, as it should appear on Magenta instead now, right? I have checked all the drums and they all look fine. I have also checked the IBT belt and fine there. I have stripped down and even cleaned the IBT Belt cleaner waste and the 2nd BTR.

Attachments

• IMG_8318.jpeg
    IMG_8318.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 152
  • IMG_8317.jpeg
    IMG_8317.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_8316.jpeg
    IMG_8316.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_8315.jpeg
    IMG_8315.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_8307.jpeg
    IMG_8307.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_8306.jpeg
    IMG_8306.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 159
Easiest would be to look at the magnetic roller on your developer unit. A area that shows a void would indicate a blockage someplace in that area in the developer unit.

The other area to look at is your ROS window. If toner dust accumulates on the window it will cause a faded area down the length of the sheet or a white area like your photos have. I have this happen often on my Versant, but it's easier to clean on the Versant than on the C60. I believe you'll need to pull out your drum drawer on the C60 to have a look at the window for your cyan. Be gentle when cleaning the glass, it's fairly fragile.

Easiest would be to look at the magnetic roller on your developer unit. A area that shows a void would indicate a blockage someplace in that area in the developer unit.

The other area to look at is your ROS window. If toner dust accumulates on the window it will cause a faded area down the length of the sheet or a white area like your photos have. I have this happen often on my Versant, but it's easier to clean on the Versant than on the C60. I believe you'll need to pull out your drum drawer on the C60 to have a look at the window for your cyan. Be gentle when cleaning the glass, it's fairly fragile.

Yes it turned out to be the ROS window covered in toner dust. At least I now know how to strip the machine apart.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back