Bizarre issue with Ricoh flipping every fourth page 180 degrees

- Under finishing tab in CWS job properties what option have you selected under "shift mode?" And does changing it affect the issue?

- also under Finishing - is "rotate 180" set to "off?"

- Is there anything defined under VDP settings in job properties such as record length etc?

- Does it happen when printing something from the fiery itself - I.e. job log or other multi page test document?

- does the machine have a Ricoh controller and if so does printing via that have the same outcome?

- are you using windows 11 on your workstation (assuming you aren't printing directly from the fiery controller PC )

- are all pages of the same size and orientation and defined as the same paper type? Nothing under mixed media?

- are you using any settings under layout such as "orientation override", "scale to fit"?

Even more bizarre: the issue seems to be related to the delivery end. If the destination is set to "Auto Tray Select", then SOMETIMES it flips every fourth page. If the destination is set to "Finisher Shift Tray" then it seems to work fine? I'm absolutely baffled on this one.
If it is "sometimes" it is in the job settings. When a job does it and you reprint it by clicking on the job in the printed folder of the fiery, changing the delivery try option at that point will fix it? I don't think it will. You have auto rotate or page orientation going on somewhere.

Reactions: bcr
I have a Ricoh Pro C7100x. Recently, we had to replace a fan in the Fiery Command Workstation PC tower that controls the Ricoh, and then reinstall the Ricoh to Fiery. Ever since then, it has this incredibly bizarre issue where it flips every fourth page upside-down. This only happens when you're printing from a document with multiple pages, however. If you print multiple copies of a single page document, there are no issues.

It doesn't seem to be related to a specific program, as I've had it happen printing from both InDesign and Acrobat. I've never seen something like this before. We're using the exact same print commands as before, and for the life of me, I can't track down why this might be happening.

Any thoughts?
I didn't read all the responses so I may have missed it. Are you printing an application file or a PDF? I've had PDFs do some decidedly weird things, especially out on InDesign. If nothing else, the PDF may show the page as being flipped. If it does not it may be a RIP issue, as I think PDF creation is pre-RIP.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back