Bleed Edge clipped, to next page.

Setting the inside bleed to "0" when setting up the document will eliminate the bleed crossover between facing pages. It doesn't affect us as our imposition program clips the bleed correctly.
Setting the inside bleed to "0" often results in pdfs where the Trimbox is not centred in the CropBox. The Imposition software must be able to use the Trimbox rather than just use the centre of the CropBox.
If I see these things for saddle-stitch, I'll often just delete them with pitstop, not because I have to, but because it's a bit neater. Occasionally you get a fine sliver of pixels in the middle of the imposition but it will be hidden in the spine by other folded spreads on top.

Setting the inside bleed to "0" often results in pdfs where the Trimbox is not centred in the CropBox. The Imposition software must be able to use the Trimbox rather than just use the centre of the CropBox.
If I see these things for saddle-stitch, I'll often just delete them with pitstop, not because I have to, but because it's a bit neater. Occasionally you get a fine sliver of pixels in the middle of the imposition but it will be hidden in the spine by other folded spreads on top.
We always use Trimbox for impositions, so this hasn't been a problem for us.

I agree with Repro, turn off facing pages as a default setting. And report back.
If you are still sending files as a .ps file, then you may want to upgrade your rip. Modern rips are optimized to rip native PDFS.

We get it all the time and it is an indesign facing pages problem. It never actually causes a problem in the final print because fiery impose deletes that edge. We don’t worry about it, it’s easy to explain to customers.

It would actually be more of a problem if it wasn’t included because then fiery would be deleting an edge that is needed and/or customers would be sending files without a correct bleed edge and designs that cross the fold would print wrong.

I read

"Our normal InDesign process is to save a PS file which is then distilled to produce the PDF. Which results in the mentioned issue."

Then I threw up in my mouth. Sorry. We stopped exporting to PostScript back in 2001, so, I have no wisdom to share here. You mention "but the files are bigger" - Save as PDF/X-4 and if one can't, buy more RAM or larger Hard drives. They are inexpensive these days.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back