Single Color Counter Feature on C14000

tyruschen

Hi,

I am part of a printing company in Taiwan, and we acquired a Konica Minolta C14000 last year. We noticed a section in the print counter called the "Single Color Counter" (as shown in the picture below in Chinese).

Does that mean we can print files using only Cyan, Magenta, and Yellow colors, and it will count towards the single color counter (with a lower cost, similar to monochrome black), rather than as a full-color print? Unfortunately, our local distributor was unable to provide a clear explanation regarding this feature. If anyone has experience with the Single Color Counter on the C14000, could you please share the information? Thank you in advance!

S__58851363.jpg

Depends on what contract you have with your supplier.
You either have a colour and black click charge or colour, single colour and black.
Not something anyone here can confirm.

Depends on what contract you have with your supplier.
You either have a colour and black click charge or colour, single colour and black.
Not something anyone here can confirm.
Thank you for your quick reply! I understand that C14000 users may not be able to confirm this definitively. I'm curious if any C14000 users have ever had the experience of printing single colors with the C14000. Thank you!

Other than when the engineer runs test pages, I can't think of any occasion we've ever printed anything in 100% C, M, or Y whilst the other two were at 0%. YMMV.

Hi,

I am part of a printing company in Taiwan, and we acquired a Konica Minolta C14000 last year. We noticed a section in the print counter called the "Single Color Counter" (as shown in the picture below in Chinese).

Does that mean we can print files using only Cyan, Magenta, and Yellow colors, and it will count towards the single color counter (with a lower cost, similar to monochrome black), rather than as a full-color print? Unfortunately, our local distributor was unable to provide a clear explanation regarding this feature. If anyone has experience with the Single Color Counter on the C14000, could you please share the information? Thank you in advance!
It's a function found in the "Copy" mode. It's still using CMYK to make these colors. Not sure why anyone would really use this feature, but they would count towards your color clicks. See this link for more info.

It's a function found in the "Copy" mode. It's still using CMYK to make these colors. Not sure why anyone would really use this feature, but they would count towards your color clicks. See this link for more info.
ah - learned something new there - I'd also (incorrectly) assumed a "colour" in this context to be C, M or Y as opposed to a predefined palette

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back