Cannon Imagepress C7000VP

I have been away for a month. Sorry I did not respond to your queries earlier.
We were running standard weight stocks (60lb up to 100lb Txt and Cover). We even pushed up to 120# a few times. Stock was never a problem. We would get code errors telling us to try re-booting then, if that fails, call service. Typically the problem revolved around the yellow developer unit. Being so close to the fixer unit, it would bake the toner. Other color units were replaced less frequently, but often enough. I suppose if they all went down together it would not have been as bad. Another common problem was with the belt "wandering." . . . not sure of the cause, but it was replaced about once a month.
As to the number of copies we were running: If we were getting 300,000 to 500,000 per month, we would have renewed the lease. With the amount of time it was down we couldn't approach that quantity. Looking back at the logs, I see we had one exceptional month early on when we ran 510,000 through. Other months were 100,000 or less. For the past 6 months, if a job called for more than 10,000 we automatically sent it to our Indigo.
It may well be a lemon. We are currently looking to replace it and are not ruling out another Canon printer. Hopefully, we will get some guarantees in the service contract this time that will give us options should we have the same frequency of issues.

Do your self a favor...

Do your self a favor...

We have two 7000's (since late 2007). They are pretty good machines as long as you don't push them too hard. We have service out at our facility 4-5 times a week. Why? Because we run heavy stocks (13 x 19 sheet) and paint the sheet. Plus we constantly run over the recommended monthly duty cycle.

If you are looking to run over 100,000 13 x19 sheets per month. You will get to know your service people very well.

Do yourself a favor and get a bigger machine that is built like a tank and can take the pounding. That would be an I-Gen, Indigo or Nexpress. Your life will be much easier!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back