Creo RIP - Cut marks too close together

sidneykidney

One of the annoying problems with printing to my Xerox 700 from my Creo RIP is that, when imposing a job and printing with cutmarks turned on, they are so close together that when I am printing 2 sided, I have to make sure that my backup is near perfect otherwise the marks will show on one of the sides when guillotining.

Does anyone know of a fix (on the Creo RIP only, I don't want to know about other methods such as imposing in 3rd party software) on how to make a bigger gap between the cutmark offset.

I have spoken to a few creo experts but no solutions.

Our solution is to uncheck crop marks for both sides. Crop marks will still be there on one side.

What are the values you input in the Imposition / Spacing & marks ?
I put .25" in the margins and gutter and I never saw this problem.

Yes, the crop marks offset is too close. We generally use crop marks from the application (just check max. bleed) in the marks panel.

Crop marks

Crop marks

When we have a tight cut like that, we generally set up the press with both sides crops, then turn off side 2 for production. That way you have a little wiggle room at the cutter, especially for multiples per sheet runs. If it is critical to maintain crops on both sides, add them from your app and add the larger gap there. Then all you need to do is allow for more bleed at the Creo but keep the crops turned off.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back