Switching from SM52-2 to Presstek 52DI

Re: Switching from SM52-2 to Presstek 52DI

Dave,

I would have to agree. The feeder is very user friendly. We have very few problems with feeding any size/type paper. I would also agree with the consumable position you have. I don't understand why so many feel it so expensive. The only 3 things you absolutely +*have*+ to buy from presstek are the plates, and the cleaners (plate and blanket rolls). Our cost is $10 a plate. As far as print quality, fit, and sheet to sheet register, its very impressive. All the other items needed to run the press you can buy from anyone.

We have had several jobs in the last week from a new customer, who provided printed samples for each job, that were run on a GTO here in our city. There has been a very noticable quality improvement on every piece. Much cleaner prints from the very first pull. The customer couldn't believe how much nicer their jobs looked on the first press ok.

I guess in reality I'm glad about the misconceptions, that just makes it an easier sell.

Re: Switching from SM52-2 to Presstek 52DI

You all have to remember, if you can sell the product from the machine, then ease of use is king, speed is not really an issue, if you are running saying 5000-8000. There is no way you will run 15,000 an hour unless your press is geared for it, we run a speemaster 74 and run it at about 13,000 on most work, but 15,000 is only when we run black rubbish work. But if you can sell what you are printing for a good profit and minimal labour, thats were you make your money.

Edited by: max on Mar 7, 2008 7:13 AM

Edited by: max on Mar 7, 2008 7:13 AM

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back