Xerox 700 B&W question

airyk

Curious question for those who have a Xerox 700.

After running a bunch of B&W does your machine run color ok afterwards?

We're ok if the B&W is a small run but if it is a big run the machine is all whacked and we have to get a tech out to go through and clean it up and in some cases requires getting a new developer housing.

We try to run some color in between running b&w to keep the color toner flow open and working, but sometimes it just doesn't help.

I'd be interested in hearing if others have this problem and what some of their solutions are, if any in fixing this issue.

thanks

Are you running a rich black with some CMY values added or just K? Also, what kind of quantity are you running in B&W?

I can't say we have had this problem, but maybe our runs are smaller. If it's a really big problem maybe add some CMY value to the black and then see if that helps.

Let me know if you find an answer. I'd hate for this to happen to us.

Tristan

It usually happens after running a minimum of 3000 sheets.

We are running Black only, don't want to be adding CMY and get a 4 color click charge.

Last week we ran around 23,000 sheets (in 2 days) B&W and when we went to run color the machine was jacked. We wound up having to get a new developer housing for one of the colors before we could properly run color again.

We have had issues with black and white med to long runs in the past and across all machines. Basically they are not designed to run black only, its a bit like running a conventional press with only one colour, you have to lube up all the other rollers when not in use. Have a word with your supplier I as have many people I know been given a black and white press free of charge to stop the engineer call outs on the colour machine.

Have you installed the 'Fast Black' Patch? This is designed to dis-engage the CMY developer drums when printing only Black - it seemed to cure our problems.

Same issue here.

We try to run a bunch of solid CMYK sheets before we start running colour again.
Gonna try the fast black patch mentioned by papmoose and see what happens.

Just ran 14000+8000 copies b/w (took us 3 days!), but no problems with colors afterwards.
But we have the fast black patch installed on our Creo since the day it came out.

We are looking for the fast black patch for our 700. Can anyone shed some light on where we might it?

Thx

What's your RIP?
Most patches of this kind are available from Xerox's website (that's where we got ours).

thanks for the info and links.

Unfortunately for me it appears that the patch is only for the Fiery RIP and not the Free Flow.

**UPDATE the fast black patch is available now on the FreeFlow, you need to get Version 7.0 SP2

thanks for all the help

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back