A booklet with a different cover size Xerox 700

Firstly, thank you to everyone that replies.

I am trying to make a booklet with a different sized cover (bigger) with a Xerox DCP 700 using the mixed media option through command workstation 5. Needless to say I can't do it.

Has anybody had success doing this? Can it be done?

I have a pre-printed cover that needs to go onto the booklet.

I have tried adding an insert using the mixed media option and have tried the cover option in mixed media settings, too. It can feed in the right place but the machine refuses to fold and staple it.

Many thanks

Tristan

Hi,

What stock are you using?

To get the 700 to fold and staple, I have to to tell the 700 the stock is uncoated. It doesn't like folding and stapling coated stock.

Cheers,
Greg

Hi Greg,
I'm using a 157gsm xerox coated paper that seems to have no trouble folding and stapling without the cover.

Thanks for the reply

I dont think it will work, however your best bet would probably be calling the support line and asking for 2nd level.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back