cannon click price yearly increase

spad

Afternoon Guys,

Looking at new machines, have been with Xerox for 10 years now and know on average the click rate increase each year,

Just wandering if any one can let me know the cannons yearly raise.

It's a close tie at the moment cost and quality wise so will be usefull to know how cannon fair

Cheers

Spad

depends if you negotiate a fixed click or not in the contract. You'll pay a higher click rate up front if you do though.

Even if you don't get the cpc fixed, you can negotiate a cap on the annual percentage increase. This doesn't need to be a mystery in your contract, just ask them to write it into the deal.

Have you considered Konica Minolta? We were a Xerox house for the longest time, but they charge a click rate as well as an additional monthly service charge. With KM, we only pay a click charge (in addition to payments on machine of course) but there is no additional monthly service cost. We did demo a Cannon machine and it couldn't hold a solid to save its life, the KM c6501 has been a real nice machine for us.

Hi Spad

I did away with that clause of the contract. Its gotta be 60 months FIXED or no deal, thats one of those things that are negotiable and if they say they can't do it fixed just tell them that they are going to screw themselves out of a deal and that Canon is looking better ( even though their machines and service are garbage in Philadelphia).

If you have multiple machines another option is to have the clicks pooled between the machines, they might complain, but just be a hard ass and they will cave. I made the mistake of not getting the fixed payments once and it was a burden for our shop. I wish I had someone give me this advice 13 years ago with our Docutech PP-135.

I have a 6115 and a 4112 with 675K pooled each quarter, so I can run a jobs on either machine. This will save you a ton of money in overage. Xerox will try to bake 200K into the 6115 lease and 50K into the 4112 lease, so that leaves you with [email protected] or $6,502.50 a year or $32,512.50 over the course of a 60 month lease in overage charges. BIG Bucks ... take your time bust some balls and you will get what you what.

I hope this info helps.

~Kevin

Afternoon Guys,

Looking at new machines, have been with Xerox for 10 years now and know on average the click rate increase each year,

Just wandering if any one can let me know the cannons yearly raise.

It's a close tie at the moment cost and quality wise so will be usefull to know how cannon fair

Cheers

Spad

There are 2 separate plans Canon will offer...1. A standard service plan (increases year over year) 2. Fixed contract (matches term of lease). Both cover all toner, parts and labor.

Happy New Year all

Thanks for all the help on this,

I will be going back to both sales teams and let them sqirm over fixed term pricing,

I also know what you mean about the cannon not being able to hold a solid,
I also find the cannon's arent as good with graduations either,

Cheers

I'd stay away from Canon if I were you. We've been with Canon and exclusively Canon for almost 20 years. Recently we are having issues with them over toner supplies under contract. Canon is making us pay for "excessive" toners.... Long story but Canon will be our of our shop forever once our contracts are up.

I've never heard of them doing that yet. We make customers return empty toners/cartridges just to keep them in check.

The reason being is that some of the supplies fetch a nice price on Ebay and I'm pretty sure someone at some accounts has stolen some supplies and sold them. Some of those color sets of toner can fetch a couple hundred bucks.

Not saying that's the case with you but it does happen...especially with Xerox parts/supplies...they don't seem to care and often leave lots of stuff behind after a lease is up.

Our system is simple, we set a base inventory based on your volume and for every toner or part sent, one needs to be picked up and returned.

Use to have the same problem with contracts that wanted paper included. They would use the paper for anything and non-contract machines when the only way to bill it was through the click charges...all accounts have to buy the paper outright now.

I'd stay away from Canon if I were you. We've been with Canon and exclusively Canon for almost 20 years. Recently we are having issues with them over toner supplies under contract. Canon is making us pay for "excessive" toners.... Long story but Canon will be our of our shop forever once our contracts are up.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back