700i Max Sheet Size

Baldbug

I have a customer that wants to print Max Sheet size on our 700i (488mm x 330mm) for a book. Paper size is not an issue here, I suggested SRA3 but customer is asking for Max Size.
Question: How does the 700i run using Max size when duplexing?? or just running at Max sheet size??.

Should be ok. If running max size paper isn't the norm for your operation, you'll probably need to call service to have them clean up your fuser first. If not, you'll notice some faint lines will develope on the top and bottom of the length of your sheet. This is because, whatever size paper you normally run etches grooves in the fuser roller which
you will see on larger paper. Don't worry, it's pretty much the norm and, if you're on a service contract, it doesn't cost you anything.

Should be ok. If running max size paper isn't the norm for your operation, you'll probably need to call service to have them clean up your fuser first. If not, you'll notice some faint lines will develope on the top and bottom of the length of your sheet. This is because, whatever size paper you normally run etches grooves in the fuser roller which
you will see on larger paper. Don't worry, it's pretty much the norm and, if you're on a service contract, it doesn't cost you anything.

I have found that happens on our 700, as well. Normally we print on 12 x 18, but when I print on 13 x 19, the faint lines do show up, at least on the top of the long edge. The line is exactly .5 inch from the edge.

-Sev

Yep. Almost all Xerox printers do it (for color, we are 100% Xerox shop and highly recommend their equipment & service). Sometimes, if your running a job with bleeds, we don't worry about the line because it appears outside the cut marks and will be trimmed off in bindery anyway.

Yep. Almost all Xerox printers do it (for color, we are 100% Xerox shop and highly recommend their equipment & service). Sometimes, if your running a job with bleeds, we don't worry about the line because it appears outside the cut marks and will be trimmed off in bindery anyway.

We have both a 700 for color, and a 4110 for high-speed black and white. When I do print to 13 x 19, I just move the artwork down on the page so that the faint line will be out of the trim area. And, our service from Xerox is great!

-Sev

I'm a Xerox shop and my service tech asked me one time, "Where's your extra fusers?" and I pointed to the extra two we have on the floor (for a total of three). One for junk jobs, one for 12x18 and one for 13x19.

Thanks guys,

I've got an extra fuser unit coming from the techies down here for this max paper size job which will be a one off then I'll use if for SRA3 size and the existing fuser for normal jobbing.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back