[help] Booklet printing

las7h0p3

Hello everyone,

I want to say that I am sorry if this is not the correct place to ask this question, but here goes.

I have a Xerox WorkCentre 3119 Series printer and I was wondering if I could order my pages properly.

I want to be able to choose what picture my front side can be and also to choose the backside picture of the book + to choose the order of the pages.

Do I need to buy a new printer? If yes could you recommend me a cheaper one that has these functions? No need for the printer to have staples included, I just want a printer to be able to position the pages as in the video.

Please help.

Cheers.

Last edited:
I suspect your workcentre does not use any form of rip, which is the box which can do the imposing bit you are after. All you need to have to do what you are after is some imposition software. If you are happy with your printer, no need to buy another just to impose. Our docucolor has a fiery rip with impose on it, but we never use it. We prefer to use cute pdf professional for all our imposition. Go to CutePDF - Create PDF for free, Save PDF Forms, Edit PDF easily;. to download the free trial and give it a go. You can open pdf's and move pages around, crop them, etc, and then use the booklet option to impose them for booklet printing. It can also impose things n_up, etc. Great software for the money, and we use it for all our booklet and imposing work.

Hello @easiprint,

and thank you for your time to reply to my message. I have tested this program (the full version) and unfortunately when I try to print 2 pages on one paper it ends up printing me 1 page on 1 paper x2 times...

Could you tell me how can I fix this?

Last edited:
Did you know that later versions of Acrobat Reader can do simple booklet printing direct from the print menu? If you are printing bleeds on oversize stock, then imposition software would be required. Reader X also has a duplex/double sided print option!

EDIT: A little known PDF impo program can be found here - http://www.devalipi.com/moreinfois.html

Stephen Marsh

Last edited:
I presume that the paper you are printing on is not proportional to the booklet spread artwork?

What is the original artwork 1up size page, before booklet? You are printing to 8.27" x 5.83" paper.

Stephen Marsh

If you have Acrobat Standard or Acrobat Pro, then you need our professional imposition plug-in, Absolutely Imposing. It does impositions for all binding methods and it is not limited for output size. It is only $450, license key is software based, no shipping involved. Check our web site for a free demo.

Ray Duval
Ultimate Technographics
Loading dynamic Web site: Ultimate Technographics Inc. ...

I presume that the paper you are printing on is not proportional to the booklet spread artwork?

What is the original artwork 1up size page, before booklet? You are printing to 8.27" x 5.83" paper.

Stephen Marsh

Yes, the paper I was using before making the booklet was A4 in the properties of word, so it ended up over sized. I changed it to A5 and it worked out perfectly. Thanks.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back