Canon 7010VP Fuser Problems - Am I the only one?

Datwangster

Registered Users
In the last week we have had to have our tech service rebuild the secondary fuser unit 3 times. The problem is that we are getting scuffing streaks that go the entire length of the sheet in about 5 positions. It is supposed to go about 300,000 impressions and we are only getting less than 20,000. About 90% of our jobs on this machine are on gloss stock, and have been for the past 2 years. Our frustrated tech support says it is because we are running gloss stock. I say there is something else going on with the machine because we have always run that much gloss stock. The environment is very dry and hot in the prepress department this time of year and it is a constant effort to keep the humidity up. Is anyone else experiencing these issues with the Canon ImagePress? HELP - I need this resolved because I can not get my tech guy to think past the fuser.

You said the environment is hot and dry. You need to READ your customer expectations document and pay attention to the CLIMATE as to which the machine is to be located in. I will bet HOT and DRY is not part of that. If your service tech wants to be a prick all he needs to do is open that page and tell you to fix the problem.

Problem resolved...I think. I hate to say it, but it is the stock. Apparently a paper salesman has indicated that there is some "bad stock" going around. Something changed at the mill supposedly. It is burning through other clients fusers too. At this point we are not 100% sure, but it is more than likely the culprit. At least we now have contact with a comprable printer to compare notes with. Thanks for all the views and comments. Now off to talk to the tech guy!

[The environment is very dry and hot in the prepress department this time of year and it is a constant effort to keep the humidity up. Is anyone else experiencing these issues with the Canon ImagePress?

We had the same problem a while back. in the end we fixed the heat problem and its all good now so try fixing that.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back