C8000 many 3xxx errors and machine spending too uch time warming up and very frequent

Georgeam

Hi All,

We have a C8000 machine which is not running smoothly. The machine has showed many times codes 3xxx such as 3105,3106,3903,3906. and it keeps warming up for a long time then prints a job then then when printing next job it shows warming up again. To print two jobs it takes around 30 minutes.

Does anyone can help on this? has anyone faced similar issues?

BR,

Hi All,

We have a C8000 machine which is not running smoothly. The machine has showed many times codes 3xxx such as 3105,3106,3903,3906. and it keeps warming up for a long time then prints a job then then when printing next job it shows warming up again. To print two jobs it takes around 30 minutes.

Does anyone can help on this? has anyone faced similar issues?

BR,

Hi George,

Well those are C-xxxx codes correct? Which if you get those a tech should be called automatically by the machine, unless they have that disabled.

I looked up a few of those codes and see they are have something to do with the fusing unit. I'd say you should call a tech because it sounds like from those codes something is going on with your fusing unit.

Thank you for your reply. You are right these codes related to fusing unit. The main issue now is that machine keeps warming up for long time and very frequent without any error code which is very confusing. Do you know a reason for such cases?

We had the same issue of the machine taking a long time to "Warm up" before printing. It went away after a few days of use. It could also be related to the C codes you are getting. It could be any number of things going on that are causing the long wait times.

My guess it's definitley something with the fusing unit. Tell the techs everything that is happening with the machine.

Is this a newly setup machine?

It is not a new setup machine. But this issue happened lately. We measured the room temperature which is 28 C. BTW, the machine is connected to high power UPS.

Our 8000 warms up for 5 minutes between setup sheets. Totally ruins production. :( we were told that's just the way the c8000 is. If you find out how to fix this please let me know.

As far as the c errors. If its the same error it prob means the tech hasn't fixed the problem yet. We had a tons of c errors relating the fusee and it took a lot of complaining to get it fixed. Ours turned out to be the sensor on the left side of the fuser. Also has c errors on the second fuser it was a sensor too. I think the heat is hard on the electronics of the fusers. Tell them to humor you and replace the sensor and maybe the harness.

Last edited:
It seems we had similar issues. Could you please advise exactly which sensors you replaced? Are they sensors or thermistors that measures temp? Do you have these sensors part numbers? That will help us a lot. Thank you.

I'm not sure but if you point the tech in that direction he should know. I don't think there are many sensors on the fusing units.

It's a switch setting for the fuser issue with the warming up have your tech set it, also make sure you have the most recent firmware

I know there is a setting for the machine to start printing, Quality or Speed. I know ours is set to speed and has been since the first couple months of our install. I believe the tech will have to turn that on though.

I know what you are talking about. Our is set to speed and the warming up issue still there.
Try this
[Subject] "Warming up. Please wait." message
[Description]

The control panel periodically indicates "Warming up. Please wait." There is a delay of up to two minutes between jobs.

[Solution]

CAUSE: Incorrect setting.

SOLUTION: Change soft switches 5-0, 5-1 and 5-2 to ON.

Notes:

1. This can also be changed in the Administrator Mode. Enter the Administrator Mode and change from "Fusing stability priority" to "Speed priority".

2. If quality suffers, return to the original settings.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back