Oki C9850 and Xante iQueue software

joshlindsay

Has anyone had any luck getting the iQueue software working with anything other than an Ilumina engine?

We've currently got the Fiery Command Centre installed but iQueue seems to allow a much simpler approach.

Thanks.

Hi, obviously that what they would say :) Did you really expect them to say "Yes you could use it with any other printer" even if you could... Answering anything other than "no" could lead to instant unemployment for the rep you were talking to :)
But perhaps, in regards that Xante uses and Oki engine, they could add few lines of codes to make IQueune knowing that there is a Xante Printer on other side of a wire... I will try to install Xante software and print to OKI whenever I'll have some free time. Will repost with results.

Hi, obviously that what they would say :) Did you really expect them to say "Yes you could use it with any other printer" even if you could... Answering anything other than "no" could lead to instant unemployment for the rep you were talking to :)
But perhaps, in regards that Xante uses and Oki engine, they could add few lines of codes to make IQueune knowing that there is a Xante Printer on other side of a wire... I will try to install Xante software and print to OKI whenever I'll have some free time. Will repost with results.

Thanks Roman. Let me know how you get on.
I installed it but got an error when sending a file.

I have heard that a program called apfill works with the oki. although I have never tried it? let me know if you hear more

Thanks for the tip.
The website makes it look like more of a consumables tracking software which would be useful for calculating the clear usage on our Xerox 800.

The part of iQueue I'm mostly interested in is being able to adjust the charge and fuser temperature with meaningful values.
Our current Fiery RIP allows you to set the paper weight from Light to Ultra Heavy which I assume takes care of both the charge and fuser temp however because we're purely running envelopes through the printer being able to fine tune those settings would be awesome.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back