Turn around times

DianneB

Hello all

My company is struggling with job turn around times. What is the average turn time you give your customers for jobs. We have an idea where our problem is, but because I don't work on the front end of the workflow, I wanted to get a feel for what might be an average turn time.

Thanks
Di

Re: Turn around times

We're very flexible - depends when the client needs it by. We try to under-promise the deadline and then deliver early - that sort of thing.

I think the reason we're like that is that we lack any kind of real job management system.

thanks, we have a scheduling system, but it doesn't seem to be working very well. I believe our biggest hold up is customer service, by the time I get the jobs they are usually 24 hour or less turns and for a lot of my jobs that's just not enough time.
Di

Hi Di,

24 Hours sounds tough though. Is that from approval/File supplied or from stratch?
Andrew

Edited by: Andrew on Apr 1, 2008 2:37 PM

In some cases that is from the time the files hit our floor till out the door. We usually get most of our files in PDF format from most of our customers. The ones that we design for, then it is usually 24 hours from the time the files are approved. Lately we have had for or five jobs come in for the same turn time and not be small run jobs. We currently only have on shift in our digital department, we start and 6 am and finish as late as 9 pm sometimes, there are two of us. I just had a variable data job that came in, I needed to do the variable data part using FusionPro and print the job in two days, it was for 50,000 letters, 2 letters each record variable on both pieces, we ran these 2 up on 12x18 sheets. It took almost 4 days from start to finish. I am just curious if these types of things happen everywhere or are we unique.

Di

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back