Problems with printing on embossed papers on digital printers

dsweetnam

I work for Buyers Laboratory (BLI), an independent test organisation for digital imaging equipment. During a recent trip to Japan several vendors expressed an interest in our adding embossed paper testing to our production test portfolio. I would be interested in feedback / experiences on how well the light / mid production digital printers handle embossed papers and test data you believe would be of benefit to you when you next consider a digital imaging device.

Kind Regards

David Sweetnam
Buyers Laboratory - Copier, Fax Machine, Printer and MFP Testing and Reviews

We have a KM c8000 press and a xerox 252 on our floor. Both machines are marginal with linen and horrible with columns. When making purchasing desicions, it would be nice to see how the machines on the market stack up. That said. I would never trust something like that. When we demo machines, we run our own stocks to make sure of the quality.

Many thanks for the reply, very helpful. I regard our testing and reports as more of an initial filter to help buyers remove some devices that are clearly not going to be a good fit, leaving the test pool smaller during the final deliberations. If you had any specific documents or tests that you carried out during your deliberations I would be very interested in seeing them, obviously keeping them confidential if you required.

Kind Regards

David

Only toner based machine i know of, which runs embossed pape,r is Igen with the Transfer overdrive unit. Though that machine doesnt fall in the light / mid production category...

The RICOH C751 is quite reasonable for linen stock. For the others we are curious about the recently relased AC transfer unit upgrade.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back