Canon 7000

C7000 v Xerox 8000

C7000 v Xerox 8000

The Canon's registration is the same as the Xerox 8000AP, .5mm. The c7000 will run some 14pt stocks, and will run heavier stocks, but anything over 300gsm, and there's no guarantee. Color drift is probably the lowest in the industry, according to BERTL. The Xerox 8000 AP, has caveats about running heavy stock at full speed, that is, some loss of quality. The Canon has none, same quality, full 70ppm speed, up to 300gsm.

The Canon's registration is the same as the Xerox 8000AP, .5mm. The c7000 will run some 14pt stocks, and will run heavier stocks, but anything over 300gsm, and there's no guarantee. Color drift is probably the lowest in the industry, according to BERTL. The Xerox 8000 AP, has caveats about running heavy stock at full speed, that is, some loss of quality. The Canon has none, same quality, full 70ppm speed, up to 300gsm.

Really, the 8000AP has caveats about running heavy stock. :rolleyes: I'm glad I just got that message after 600,000 impressions with 65% of them 216 to 300 gsm at 2,400, 12x18 IPH. I guess the only caveat would be that you may run out of paper if you don't watch your stock :p. There is absolutely no loss in quality between the 2 print modes, that is a complete ignorant statement. Oh, and this is while maintaining a 15% increase in productivity over the c7000.

Color drift is yet another useless argument, my machine is less that 2dE (hardly noticeable to the trained human eye) from first sheet to last, my old CLC4000 couldn't keep that from the left side to the right side of the same sheet!

Canon has a tough row to hoe in the production world, especially since most of the post install issues are due to poor service training (this coming from a trained ImagePress c7000 tech. who received the info during a meeting with Canon USA) you promised the world with the "Largest R&D investment in history". Than God for Kodak, at least they can pick up your slack.

This coming from a Canon dealer... at least your not biased. :(

There is no comparison between the CLC 4000 and the iP C7000VP. The information about quality on the 8000 was taken from Xerox blurbs; the caveat is not whether it will run the stock at 80ipm, but that you lose some quality, which again, is from Xerox's statements. 2de is very impressive, and it is matched by the Canon. There may be training issues from dealer to dealer, but we haven't experienced any. I wasn't trying to tout the product as a dealer, merely to contribute to the discussion. I realize that this is a printer forum, and I left my sales hat at home. The Kodak team has yet to prove that they have superior service. The ORC model is also offered by Canon, depending on the dealer. The Kodak M700 lacks some features of the Canon product,i.e. paper library, finishing, etc., but they do have their own RIP, which some may prefer. Xerox makes a great product, no denying it. But so does Canon. Canon's toner laydown is certainly better, accounting for its claim, "the look and feel of offset." So, peace brother, enjoy your Xerox. :)

we have installed last year machine is already done more than 300000 copies and its doing extremly well,we are very happy with the performance of the machine

We are a wholesaler & now have 5) 7000's in stock. If anyone is happy w/ their Canon eq, we have some to choose from at wholesale pricing. The Copier Network sells end-of-lease and repossessed copiers at wholesale prices. We specialize in color copiers and RIP interfaces (copier sales, color copier sales, color copiers).

I keep a log in Excel of every issue that our C7000 has and at what number of clicks. We have 110,000 clicks so far (new machine) and we have, on average, an issue* every 20,000 clicks.
* issue means anything that requires a technician to come out e.g. banding, communication errors, etc.

I really like the machine and what it's capable of, but it's like having a whiny baby. We don't put that many clicks through it, but it continues to have minor problems here and there even though we do the regular PM (sometimes slightly ahead of schedule).

Last edited:
Prints Between Calls on Canon imagePRESS C7000VP

Prints Between Calls on Canon imagePRESS C7000VP

Are these 20,000 clicks between technician visits 8.5 x 11, or are they 11 x 17? What kind of stocks do you run? If all you run is 2cs 300gsm, you can expect more calls than if you ran, say, 220gsm all the time. You might consider, too, that you're just breaking in this machine. Our techs get many more clicks per call than this on average. If I recall correctly, Xerox's 7000/8000 machines claim 45,000 average (8.5 x 11) between technician visits in their Customer Expectation Document. Canon does not make that claim, but they do say 95% uptime, on average is guaranteed. You might want to see if your dealer can offer you the customer maintenance program, which allows you to replace certain parts indicated by the yellow screws. Most techs will offer to show operators how to replace certain simple parts, just to keep the machine up. I hope this helps. ::)

Are these 20,000 clicks between technician visits 8.5 x 11, or are they 11 x 17? What kind of stocks do you run? If all you run is 2cs 300gsm, you can expect more calls than if you ran, say, 220gsm all the time. You might consider, too, that you're just breaking in this machine. Our techs get many more clicks per call than this on average. If I recall correctly, Xerox's 7000/8000 machines claim 45,000 average (8.5 x 11) between technician visits in their Customer Expectation Document. Canon does not make that claim, but they do say 95% uptime, on average is guaranteed. You might want to see if your dealer can offer you the customer maintenance program, which allows you to replace certain parts indicated by the yellow screws. Most techs will offer to show operators how to replace certain simple parts, just to keep the machine up. I hope this helps. ::)

We run 11x17 + 12x18 80# gloss for the most part. Occasionally, we'll run some 40-60# gloss in 11x17 and on an even rarer occasion we'll run regular 20# 11x17.

Taking that into consideration I guess I should expect a higher frequency of service, but it still seems a bit much. I will say, however, that the issues we have are strange–the majority of them are software/firmware related with just one requiring a restart of the yellow developer.

Let's hope that all the firmware upgrades are done and the glitches disappear. As I said, break-in issues. Going forward, I would bet that your call frequency diminishes considerably, and you get some comfortably long runs between visits. And, please do ask about the Customer Maintenance Program.

Good luck, and thanks for going with Canon.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back