Printing on Plastic Credit Cards

jlind

This is a digital printing subject, though it may not sound like it at first.....
I have 300 white blank "smart" or RFID parking access cards. I want to print 2 color over 1 color with serial numbers from 1 to 300, of course. How would you do this? Does some micro digital inkjet machine exist that would do this? I am also interested in doing business with a printer who can do this.
John Lind
Cranberry Township, Pa
724-776-4718

Re: Printing on Plastic Credit Cards

I will answer my own question, and the truth will set us free...
This could be done with a UV inkjet flat bed printer, with some fiddling around. I didn't find anyone who would fiddle around like that. However, there are printers who specialize in identity cards and proximity cards, like for parking garages and security systems. Found one in New Yawk. Uses dye sublimation ribbons, unless it's a bar code, and then it's carbon black. Prints on individual cards, of course, and serialization is simple. Just like your drivers license. The card has to be "video quality" which means very smooth. If anyone spent any time thinking about this, I appreciate it. Depending on the complexity of the image, and number of variable elements, it's about $3 per card.
John Lind
Cranberry Township, PA
724-776-4718

printing on PVC cards

printing on PVC cards

its easy to do this - we have a number of printers that can do this or can sell you a second user one. I dont recommend dyesub (D2T2) because if its a smartcard - the area over the chip may not print well - it all depends on the design. We have special card printers to cope with this. For our bureau service - we will charge about 1.50 Euros per card for printing in full colour, edge to edge - no white edges. plus shipping or we can sell you a card 24 hour turnaround. See Databac for more information. regards.

for this, you can use zebra or evolis thermal printer. It's not very expensive. I've try the evolis one, and the print quality is not very good. Depend of what you want to do with it... Hope this help.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back