Hybrid Printing Vs. Full Four-Color VDP

htollvr

Anyone out there willing to give me some side-by-side comparisons to evaluate the cost-effectiveness of full 4/c VDP vs. "hybrid" printing (four-color offset shells imprinted with black-and-white personalized text)? At what point does hybrid printing become more cost-effective than 4/c if you are personalizing only the text? Anyone want to give me a rough hypothetical?

Thanks,

Heidi Tolliver-Nigro

Re: Hybrid Printing Vs. Full Four-Color VDP

We do a lot of hybrid printing, we run shells on our press then imprint variable addresses or numbers on the shells after. All imprints over 1000 sheets we run shells first. Couple of things to keep in mind
1. Use heat resistant inks
2. use minimum powder or dust the sheets
3. Make sure you print on digital friendly stocks
4. Make sure you final cutdown shells for digital is the correct grain direction

amin

Re: Hybrid Printing Vs. Full Four-Color VDP

if you have a small budget or a very long list , inkjet is cheap so you might consider it.

I heard that it's so cheap creative start to buy those.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back