Creo Spire vs Freelow DocuSP for a Docucolor 5000

Dammacx

The shop is looking at getting a DC 5000 and wanted to get some feedback on the two rip choices. We currently use Creo on our 6060. The most important thing for us would be Color control & consistency. Any other advantages or drawbacks would be helpful along with good old real world experience.

Re: Creo Spire vs Freelow DocuSP for a Docucolor 5000

I would stick with the Creo then, I think it will make for a more seamless transition for you on the front end. I had to make the same decision with our 8000AP and decided to stay with EFI, since we have been using them for the last 7 years on our old Canon's. When mulling over the front end it came down to Creo and EFI for us, I bounced a lot of questions off our Xerox Analyst, he was a great help in deciding to stay with EFI. He didn't have a lot of positive things to say about the DocuSP for our environment, he thought EFI or Creo would be a better choice for consistent color reproduction.

Re: Creo Spire vs Freelow DocuSP for a Docucolor 5000

We run the EFI with our 5000 and we really like it. It replaced a
Fiery though, so the transition was very simple (as previously posted).
The color seems very consistent, and the 5000 is a dream compared
to the print engine that the now replaced 2060 had.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back