Xerox 260 - mixing stock weights to create booklet

AJeffrey

Hello,

I am using a Xerox DC260 with production finisher and Splash software to generate mixed weight media booklets. At the moment I have to print the covers (300g) seperately to the pages (150g), and then ask the machine to print the pages and grab a 300g cover to produce a folded and stapled booklet.

Does anybody have ideas on speeding up this process in any way.

Thanks in advance.

Antony

Re: Xerox 260 - mixing stock weights to create booklet

Is the machine pausing to heat up the fuser for the 300g cover? I ran a book on an iGen3 that had 24lb bond with 10pt pre-printed re-enforced tabs.Everytime it came to a tab the machine paused to warm up.Since the tabs were pre printed I was able to program the tabs as 32lb bond.My productivity almost doubled.

I hope this helps

I suppose producing all of the components of a booklet in one print run sounds pretty cool to the uninitiated. Expecting a printing device to quickly and seamlessly change from the proper configuration for printing 150 gsm stock to 300 gsm stock and back repeatedly during one run is pure folly. Mixing substrates within one run will always lead to sub-optimal results regardless of the technology used to print.

Thanks John. Super reply and just the reassurance I needed.

Antony

pausing to heat up the fuser for thicker stock will increase the printing time greatly.

one 'cheat' we used was to use the same settings for the cover, and it just switches tray. (yeah, 100gsm setting *sometimes* works for a 250gsm paper - when in doubt, test, test test)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back