Imposition and crop mark

balesh

HI ALL,

THIS IS BALESH FROM INDIA AND WORKING FOR A DIGITAL AND OFFSET COMMERCIAL PRINTER, I HAVE A QUERY WHICH I THINK CAN BE RESOLVED HERE..

i NEED TO PRINT A BOOKLET OF 8 PAGES IN 8.5 X 11 INCH SIZE ( FINISHED SIZE ) AND THE ARTWORK HAS BEEN CREATED IN SIZE 8.75 X 11.25 INCH INCLUDING BLEED MARGIN, THIS WILL BE PRINTED IN XEROX 1000 MACHINE, IS THERE ANY OPTION IN THE MACHINE ITSELF WHERIN THE CROP MARKS CAN BE SET INSIDE THE MASTER PAGE WHICH IS 8.75 X 11.25 INCH AS MY ACTUAL CUT SIZE WILL BE 8.5 X 11 INCH SIZE...

THANKS

BALESH

Hi Balesh,
in my opinion you have 3 options (I think you are working on a pdf provided by your customer):
A- impose the pdf file without scaling, this operation will cut away the unwanted part of the job giving you back the exact dimension you need, it depends from the software you use for imposition.
B- place your pdf into a layout software (like InDesign or Quark Xpress) into a page with right measures, than export a brand new pdf from it.
C- (I don't like it but it exist) change the magnification size while printing, e.g. print it not a 100% but slightly more little (97%? You should calculate it).

thanks for your valued comments but all the 3 options are related to new imposition of pdf, i enquired for any option in the machine itself without reduction...

If you're printing the actual booklet on the machine and wish to finish the booklet on the machine, you can't do that with bleed. You also can't print to the edge of the paper. The pages will have to be printed separately, then cut, then bound into booklets. Just imposing the cut size won't work as the printer won't print to the edge of the paper.

HI ALL,

THIS IS BALESH FROM INDIA AND WORKING FOR A DIGITAL AND OFFSET COMMERCIAL PRINTER, I HAVE A QUERY WHICH I THINK CAN BE RESOLVED HERE..

i NEED TO PRINT A BOOKLET OF 8 PAGES IN 8.5 X 11 INCH SIZE ( FINISHED SIZE ) AND THE ARTWORK HAS BEEN CREATED IN SIZE 8.75 X 11.25 INCH INCLUDING BLEED MARGIN, THIS WILL BE PRINTED IN XEROX 1000 MACHINE, IS THERE ANY OPTION IN THE MACHINE ITSELF WHERIN THE CROP MARKS CAN BE SET INSIDE THE MASTER PAGE WHICH IS 8.75 X 11.25 INCH AS MY ACTUAL CUT SIZE WILL BE 8.5 X 11 INCH SIZE...

THANKS

BALESH

In Impose from you can set your gutter to a negative amount. If your page size is 8.75 then you set the gutter to -.5 but Impose that comes with xerox software requires that you have the dongle to use the Impose features with CWS.

On our CREO RIP for Xerox 800 we can do this.

In Imposition you'd choose booklet then set your final trim size, gutters, margin and add crop marks.
This would create the crop marks at 8.5x11 and leave the extra as bleed.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back