Canon C7010VP Color Calibration/Morning startup help

DigiRod

Hello all,
Was hoping to see what steps others are doing in their morning startup regarding color calibration. Right now we follow the steps we were told at the beginning of installation which was to check lens, grids and then do shading correction, run full Auto graduation, then print 34 patch from the Command Workstation and read with i1. I'm looking to get and control better color consistency. Any help would be appreciated, maybe even if you have a different machine.

Thanks!

We have the same problem we spoke to the technician he told us that if you have a lot of prints it might be necessary to do it more then just in the morning.

Hello

I have been working last 8 years with Imagepresses supporting our customers to run high quality prints with color consistency. What we recommend to uor customers as a morning procedure is to run cleaning from engine operation panel ( wire cleaning ,& belt cleaning) then run shading correction , autogradation , shading correction , calibration ( print min 20 calibration sheets). If huminity or temperature is chanhing during day run calibration once again.

Seppo-
You mention 'belt cleaning', I don't have that option in my Adjustment screen, just roller and wire cleaning. Is that an option our tech should could make available? Also, regarding your correction steps, we do shading correction followed by autgradation but you mention those steps twice and then also just calibration, is that a typo or do you really run them twice and what is meant by just 'calibration'?
thank you-

Just to make sure we are starting with a clean slate in the morning (with our C7000) I do an adjustment/cleaning - shading correction - visual correction and zero out the values. Following that comes the shading correction - gradation - calibration. We usually calibrate every time the machine has been sitting unused for an hour or more, then after approximately 250 sheets have been printed (duplex). I know it may seem excessive to do this but we have basically eliminated color drift as a problem.

C6000 VP here - We do the same as Schnicklefritz, but not every 500 clicks. Usually 3 times a day we'll bang out a calibration. First thing AM, then after the first good size run, then after lunch.

We have the same machine. We follow the same basic procedure as described. Except we always calibrate out of a power up.

Also do you check the measured values vs expected after calibration? That is a great indicator of possible future issues

I have found that I have had to do the calibration twice on certain days due to heat/humidity issues.

Our color holds fairly well on most jobs. There will be minor variations that only print pros can pick up.

It is on repeat jobs three months later that we have to check everything. Paper, temp, humidity, how the machine feels that day, whether its full moon, etc.

Thanks for all the info. Its nice to hear what others are doing and see I'm not doing anything different. My thought when I posted this was does anyone go through the service menu to reset/calibrate the patch sensors or drum sensors to achieve a better more consistent color calibration?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back