Looking for digital printer with glossy output.

Havok

Hi All,

We are currently using a Xerox 6060 and love the machine and the output. Currently, our volumes are low 5000-8000 sheets a month and we were looking to switch to a cheaper option. I have evaluated the Xerox 260 printer but the gloss finish just is not there (especially noticable in full black images). Who else should I request sample prints from??

Re: Looking for digital printer with glossy output.

Look at Canon printers. Traditionally they render a glossier image,
at least their production models used to.

at 5000 prints a month, look into getting the xerox 125x series. You might be able to get a bargain xerox 1250 out there. These guys print out really glossy (you might want to run in to the first 20k prints). The nice thing is you can actually control the amount of gloss via the weightage control. (Extra Heavyweight Setting on Heavyweight stock, gives a whole dripping with gloss look)

Fuser oil helps a lot in achieving that gloss.

Obviously you're not looking for a Nexpress; so, I don't know if this helps, but just for interests sake the nexpress's prints become less glossy as the fuser-roller ages. A new fuser roller and new, clean fuser oil (after cleaning out the sump and tank) yield the glossiest prints - but not for long, it wears out quickly.

...my 2c

-N

This is probably too late to help, but did you know that there is a "enhanced gloss" output setting that you can specify in the RIP settings? It does increase the gloss a lot (but not to the super shiny level of the old 12s etc).

Also, with your volumes I'd suggest that you look at a 242 not a 260. They're essentially the same machine and there's a pretty good saving to be made if you can stand it running a bit slower. A little birdie at Xerox tells me that the 242 outsells the others in the range by a big margin.

Hope that helps!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back