looking for a new color copier (digital press)

Did I miss the question "How many Copies/Prints per month do you sell?"

In some ways the "How much You Sell" question will answer the "Which Machine" question.

The name of the game is to make money correct?

Looking to replace a Canon IR 7200 (50 k per month) and a Canon color 3200 (10k per month) with one hopefully kick ass machine. We're just not making copies, we do jobs that require finishing such as saddle stitched newsletters, business cards, post cards ... we print on gloss and matter cover, duplex, you name it. We also print a lot of letterhead on the 3200 which can do it nicely without repeating the image when the letterhead is printed thru the customer's laser or copier. Customers do not know (or prob even care) that's it's not offset. Thanks

make sure you test out a machine with allthe jobs you are going to do. I got ikon to get me a 10,000 copy trial. one month of testing should get you a good idea

make sure you test out a machine with allthe jobs you are going to do. I got ikon to get me a 10,000 copy trial. one month of testing should get you a good idea

If you want a Canon you won't get it from Ikon.
I would recommend the 5000AP. It has all types of additional finishers for inline booklet making and such. It runs up to 110 cover at rated speed and will auto duplex 110 cover.
If you want a real trial, try this machine out. In the trial paperwork, as long as you do not need more toner, all copies are free!
I would recommend asking you salesman if he or she can get you some "extra toner" for the first few days. You can really put it through the paces of your environment!

I bought from Ikon and I didn't get any blondes. We have 2-Cp650 and put about 200,000-300,000 clicks on bot machines combined a month. If you have good service, I personally think they are the way to go (cost and quality). I also think they have a 500 model now for a lot cheaper.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back