Xerox 700 Fiery EX700 install DVD

bgrubb7

Our Hard Drive crashed on our EX700. Our Xerox tech came in to put the new HD in, but it turns out we are missing one of the Install DVDs. We have the disk labeled System Software CD0, which is the first disk you use, but then it asks for one labeled "System Software DVD1", which we are missing. We purchased the machine refurbished from a Chicago area dealer and we were originally given a shrinkwrapped package containing software disks with the machine, but apparently they left out the DVD. Unfortunately this dealer is no longer in business, so we cannot get a replacement disk from them.

Here's the kicker. Xerox is now telling me that they cannot provide or sell me a replacement disk, but will only SELL me an entire NEW FIERY LICENSE! Seriously! They are refusing to help out at all.

Is there anyone out there that would be willing to loan or copy their DVD for me? What are my other options? I refuse to purchase an entire Fiery License for one disk.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. PM me for my contact info if necessary. Thanks!!

That seems strange. I know for our Fierys we can order the disks from parts. Maybe you could ask EFI?

Does your X700 have a service deal on it? Service also includes the fiery and yes the techs have the discs if needed. I (for the customers with the service deal)
I dont know about the policy on not having a service deal on your machine when it brakes down. Might be something to do with the licenses (usually both EFI and dealer).

I'm pretty sure the service for your copier does not include service for the Fiery. Since it is typically a pretty stable device, no service is needed.

I'm pretty sure the service for your copier does not include service for the Fiery. Since it is typically a pretty stable device, no service is needed.

We have a Canon and a Xerox, and we've had a KM machine, and service absolutely covered the RIPs along with the machines from all 3 companies.

Efi has a support page for the Fierys which have phone numbers for several regions. I don't see why they wouldn't send you a replacement DVD. Those things do get cracked from time to time.

Yes, the service on the Fiery is included with the machine. They will replace a DAMAGED disk, but not a MISSING one. I tried to convince the service tech into saying the disk was damaged instead of missing, but he said that would be unethical and he couldn't do that...

They told me that the disks were the responsibility of the customer and stay with the machines. The Service Manager told me that since the software was form Fiery, that they were not allowed to borrow disks from another shop or use downloaded, copied or borrowed installers in any way shape or form as such is specified in Xerox's contract with EFI as to prevent piracy. Yes... so many people trying to pirate proprietary software for rips they already own...

It's a load of bull since we were obviously the legal owners of the RIP and simply lost a disk. Seems like a convenient way to nickel and dime a customer, when they are in need. We had to purchase a "Media Pack" for $250 before they would finish the install.

Definitely put a stain on what has otherwise been a very positive experience with Xerox over the years for us.

I realize this is an old post but I'm in a similar position. We have had multiple of these machines in the past and have recently resurrected one that's been in Mothballs for a walk-up machine. However the only installation media I can find is for Windows XP. I know the prior EX700 we had was running windows 7. Does anyone have installation media they would be willing to pass along?

I realize this is an old post but I'm in a similar position. We have had multiple of these machines in the past and have recently resurrected one that's been in Mothballs for a walk-up machine. However the only installation media I can find is for Windows XP. I know the prior EX700 we had was running windows 7. Does anyone have installation media they would be willing to pass along?

If you have service I disagree with the OP (I realize its an old thread)...replacement media is available and included in the service contract. If EFI wants to charge for that, that's between Xerox and EFI. We actually had a Fiery with a bad disc drive which literally ate the media when the technician tried to reinstall it. Very impressive, lol. It took a few days of back and forth but we did get it. From now on, we always make a copy of the media and have the technicians use the copies and keep the originals in a secure place.

But none of that may help you if you don't have a service agreement. You could always try reaching out to EFI directly and see if you get lucky?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back