Versant 2100 envelope printing?

So that was definitely my problem. Once I selected the top tray it printed perfectly. Ran 1000 #10 window envelopes with zero problems. There was some slight wrinkling on the plastic window, but very minor and for the type of job it was we let it go. I did drop the temp for fusing to the lowest. Amazing how easy and fast this printed, the image stayed put, no real shifting around. All and all a fantastic feature for those quick rush full colour envelopes that come in now and then.

Hello everyone,
I have a new Versant 80 on the floor and I am trying to print a #10 envelope. I have the envelope feeder bracket installed in tray 7, the envelope feeder selected on the Versant screen, and the properties selected on the Fiery...
Everytime I hit the print button, the machine powers up like it is going to print and then just keeps idling... never prints a single envelope. Finally I just cancel the job.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

I was getting the message on the Fiery "input tray does not support media" and the job file would immediately move to "printed".
Then I made adjustments to paper sizes and finally got the machine to wake up as if it was going to print, the job file would move normally thru "processing" and into the "printing" status... but it never printed. After a couple of minutes I cancelled it out to try something else. Never got it to print. I really need step by step instructions. I have 2-3 small #10 jobs to run tomorrow. Our "official" training will not take place until next week. The V80 is printing beautifully though. We are able to handle most any job after only 3 days in house (except envelopes). Thanks for any suggestions.
Neal

The trouble I had on our 2100 was I had set the default output tray to the high stacker tray, make sure it is outputting to the top tray, the official names allude me at the moment.

I have tray 6 and tray 7. I have tried both several times. Same result...
Fiery: the job goes thru processing and into print status, no errors.
Versant 80: wakes up, fans blowing, acts like it is about to print, but never does

After a couple of minutes I cancel job.

Thanks for all suggestions.

I have tray 6 and tray 7. I have tried both several times. Same result...
Fiery: the job goes thru processing and into print status, no errors.
Versant 80: wakes up, fans blowing, acts like it is about to print, but never does

After a couple of minutes I cancel job.

Thanks for all suggestions.

Might need to contact Xerox support and see what they say. There was nothing complicate about setting up and printing on envelopes on our 2100. The only problem I had was it was set to the finisher stacker tray and that is not supported.

I am now printing envelopes from the bypass tray just fine. Xerox analyst coming in Tuesday to do more training and figure out what I am doing wrong printing envelopes from the oversized trays. Thanks.

Did you have to align your Vesant 2100. A2 and A6 are printing really skewed. Any idea what I might try to fix this issue?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back