Canon C800 vs Xerox J75 vs KM 1070 (and Versant 80)

We are looking to upgrade our Canon C9075. We run mostly 12x18/11x17 coated cover (271 gsm), usually tight registration, followed by various other 100lb gloss text, 80lb cover, 28lb. text, etc., at around 60,000 per month, with that likely to only increase in the next year.

Xerox has a demo J75 that they are low-balling but I'm nervous with all of the problems people have been having (reading on this forum). Also looking at the Canon C800 – touted as a Hybrid of the Canon Office Copier and Imagepress. Supposedly better registration than previous iteration as well as a belt fuser (Xerox is roller). The KM 1070 seems beefier, more metal and maybe more "production", less plasticky, vacuum feed, tight(er) registration than the Xerox or Canon, (< 0.4mm).

OR we could wait to see what the Xerox Versant 80 will bring to the mix.

Comments/Advice/Experiences Appreciated.

People are getting pricing on the versant 80 in the states already, so you should be able to get that from Xerox now.

I'm consider about the KM 1070 and Xerox versant 80. Would you give me some advice please?

Thanks

I am in the same situation. A V80+Performance Package is about $300-$400 more that a C1070 with similar options. V80 can handle up to 350gsm and C1070 will not. I will be demoing a C1070 in a couple of weeks. V80 is no available for demo as of now in my area...

Versant 80 is the replacement for the J75 in the US. At 60k per month you are close to maxing out its monthly duty cycle.

You should be looking at the Imagepress.

We are looking to upgrade our Canon C9075. We run mostly 12x18/11x17 coated cover (271 gsm), usually tight registration, followed by various other 100lb gloss text, 80lb cover, 28lb. text, etc., at around 60,000 per month, with that likely to only increase in the next year.

Xerox has a demo J75 that they are low-balling but I'm nervous with all of the problems people have been having (reading on this forum). Also looking at the Canon C800 – touted as a Hybrid of the Canon Office Copier and Imagepress. Supposedly better registration than previous iteration as well as a belt fuser (Xerox is roller). The KM 1070 seems beefier, more metal and maybe more "production", less plasticky, vacuum feed, tight(er) registration than the Xerox or Canon, (< 0.4mm).

OR we could wait to see what the Xerox Versant 80 will bring to the mix.

Comments/Advice/Experiences Appreciated.

Watch This Video Of Canon imagepressC800 Printing 10,000 12 X 18 in 1 Day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j51vtZ5Es5I

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back