KM 1075 / 1085 vs. Xerox Versant 80 vs Ricoh C7100

Hi baldbug,
How do you print 2 side, 62x30cm size to be folded on three A4?
Do c1085 can do this?

Hi baldbug,
How do you print 2 side, 62x30cm size to be folded on three A4?
Do c1085 can do this?
No we don't do that. We only print SRA3 folded to SRA4. We only print on SRA3, SRA4, A3, A4, A4S and occasionally Custom Sizes.
"62x30cm size to be folded on three A4" One one job has come in so far in 10 months for this size so we will just outsource it. One job has just come in for white print on black stock, so we will outsource or even just reverse print. To me after talking with other printers who were looking at new digital presses the 3 fold was an add-on and white/gold/clear ink was another add on. The C1085 is just a very reliable fast CMYK Digital Press.

I'm looking for recommendations between the Xerox Versant 80 and the Konica Press C1070. which is better please advice me?

Consider buying C800, much better print quality. We have 14 C800 machines and are very happy with them. We also have Xerox iGen 150, Versant 2100 Ricoh 751 and Colour Press 10000. C800 is almost as good as CP 10,000 and far better than the others when it comes to print quality.

Consider buying C800, much better print quality. We have 14 C800 machines and are very happy with them. We also have Xerox iGen 150, Versant 2100 Ricoh 751 and Colour Press 10000. C800 is almost as good as CP 10,000 and far better than the others when it comes to print quality.

WOW! You sure do have yourself a big operation going where your at. Thats a lot of digital machines in one place!

Hi Baldbug,
We have serious registration trouble in our C1085, trim mark are not aligned and change position in all sheet when printing one job. Tech say that is RIP IC308 problem but they can't fix it (14days). Also RIP say error operation and stop printing about every 40 sheet.
Tech update Rip but error are still occur.
Do had like this problem before ? specially registration problem that is very important make machine unuasable?
Any idea?
Thank

Hi Baldbug,
We have serious registration trouble in our C1085, trim mark are not aligned and change position in all sheet when printing one job. Tech say that is RIP IC308 problem but they can't fix it (14days). Also RIP say error operation and stop printing about every 40 sheet.
Tech update Rip but error are still occur.
Do had like this problem before ? specially registration problem that is very important make machine unuasable?
Any idea?
Thank
Hi Slimbh, we don't have any registration problems. We setup Tray 2 to run SRA3 size only and we setup the stock registration on that tray. Having said that when we duplex the X Y position is out of registration usually about .5 to 1 mm which we fix manually in the 308 setup area which fixes the registration.

Last job yesterday was out .5mm one way and 1mm which is corrected very quickly. As for our 308 RIP we don't run the latest upgrade we run an older "Proven" software version and we don't have any probs. We re-installed the RIP software to the lower version and this fixed a lot of problems such as the RIP connecting to and staying connected to the C1085. I remember we would run a job and Rip would lose contact with the C1085, but all fixed now no probs for a long time with that problem.

The sheet registration setup is very important to do when you setup your tray to run one size only. This aligns all four sides on both sides of sheet (duplex). Once you have set this up (only takes say 10 minutes) that tray is setup for a particular size stock. If you are running SRA3 make sure it is EXACTLY SRA3 size.

Tray 1 we run A4, A3, SRA4 and custom sizing. Tray 3 we use when we run the same stock in all trays for large jobs.

It's not always just steady printing for us, we get problems but there is usually a workaround. We had a problem this week with booklet maker and we are still working on a work around for it. Our machine will be down for about 6 hours one day next week to replace some components with upgraded components in the booklet maker area. This is first time we've had the techies come to machine since about January.

When we print the registration is very good and we see this when we do the trimming on the guillo.

Thanks baldbug for your help. Actually our big problem is that machine stop printing each 16 sheet and rip say error operation then press start to continue. This occur only on paper weight under 300g. For 300g and up no problem other 1mm registration issue on one of the 4 side.
Tech don't why it stop printing and we can't print book or other light weight paper without stopping hundred time and registration issue about 2mm or more which is impossible.

Tech don't why it stop printing
Sounds to me like your Tech should seek help from his manager who would have access back to KM. Any issues that are beyond scope of the Technician here are referred back to KM Australia and are always resolved very quickly.

Time flies, it's nearly a year since the KMC1085 was installed. It hasn't been all plain sailing, we've had some probs with the machine but they are always fixed, parts replaced as and when required. Our machine has just had a yearly makeover with modifications fitted. We have had some static problems but these have been fixed. Are we still happy with this Digital Press ..... Yes very happy.

Just an update. We are still happy with our C1085. One of the jobs I printed yesterday was a 280gsm Doggett Linen Board cover stock for a run-on for some books we are printing. On the C1085 the covers printed in one run running at about 40 SRA3 sheets per min. I remember back to my Xerox 700i when we last printed these books and the 700i could only print 1 sheet at a time through the Bypass tray.

To be fair to myself and everyone on Print Planet the Fiery 308 Server we have is worst piece of Electronic Equipment I've ever purchased in all my years in the printing industry.

I have a thread going on http://fieryforums.efi.com/showthread.php/6084-KM-C1085-Fiery-308-Server-Crashing

As for the C1085 we are happy with it and when an update/upgrade is done it improves the machine for us.

My Fiery Server is getting some new components next week which hopefully will make it stable and usable.

With our Fiery Server it was given a make over of its life. First the HD replaced, then the RAM, then the Motherboard, then a BUS cable, then a Video Interface card was replaced on the C1085 and the RAM reseated on the C1085 and all the software for Windows and Fiery updated with all the patches and the Fiery still failed to work properly. So Thursday arvo a completely New 308 Fiery Server was installed with the latest software and components and we had some initial probs. with patches for the Spectrometer not loading but that was fixed. I think were back to full working system again as it all worked yesterday for all the jobs we ran with no probs. at all. There is a replacement coming for the Humidfier Unit that has developed a pressure leak which will take place sometime next week. Thanks to KM Australia and Staples Australia for really getting in and helping us to get back to full capacity again.

So when we first go our J75 we were having problems with our Fiery server. They replaced most to the components on the computer and we were still having problems. So I took the time to talk to the technicians and had them walk me through step by step of what they were doing. Initial installation and updates worked like a charm, the problems started whey they reinstalled the back up profiles. Hello!!! Had them reinstall everything from scratch and not use the back up for profiles. Everything is woking just fine. Probably was a corrupt profile.

So when we first go our J75 we were having problems with our Fiery server. They replaced most to the components on the computer and we were still having problems. So I took the time to talk to the technicians and had them walk me through step by step of what they were doing. Initial installation and updates worked like a charm, the problems started whey they reinstalled the back up profiles. Hello!!! Had them reinstall everything from scratch and not use the back up for profiles. Everything is woking just fine. Probably was a corrupt profile.

Hi Bruceprint, we used the backup profiles on our new Fiery 308 Server and had no probs with them and the Fiery and C1085 are both running well.

Hi everyone, Happy New Year. I haven't posted for a while on Print Planet about our C1085 mainly because I have not much to post. The C1085 just does what we purchased it for and that is to do lots small run Digital Print jobs. We now have a second fuser unit which is used to print A4 and A4S. We had 1600 x 56 page programmes plus cover this week which were A4S feed and about at 45,000 clics and the whole job printed, collated, stapled, folded and square edged without any probs. The fuser changeover is about 2 minutes to do this when we do it. There is another 300 x 36 page booklets plus cover to run on Monday and again this is A4S feed. We actually have a print job that can as small as 1 x SRA3 350gsm gloss sheet and the C1085 just prints this repeat job about 4 or 5 times a week but it has a different print file every time. Best feature of the C1085 is its heavy duty, we haven't broken anything yet, but we don't print any heavier stock than 350gsm which it is rated for.

Well it's nearly 2 years on since we installed the C1085. No ongoing problems happening with the press, the last time a techie was here was to do a firmware update. We ran a 1000 copies of a 12 page all colour booklet earlier this week on 190gsm stock, print, collate, staple, fold and Square edge at the end, no probs. Postcards to print today along with business cards, wedding stationery, numbered tickets. So we're pretty happy with the performance of the C1085. We just putting a Newspaper together and for the first few runs we are going to run in on the C1085 on 80gsm SRA3 until we build up a market for the paper then we will move to a local web press.

Hi Everyone,

We have had a 700i for 3.5 years and are looking at an upgrade. Only KM have come to the party as yet. I know a couple of businesses who have the Km 1075 and only have minor paper probs. Has anyone got a KM 1085 and how are you getting along with it??

As for the Versant 80, Xerox are slow coming to the party and I only have info from PrintEx 15 in Sydney 2 weeks ago. Is anyone running a Versant 80 and how are you getting along with this press also??

And the Heidelberg Ricoh C7100 I'm concerned about Servicing with no other Heidelberg Ricoh C7100's down here atm.

Hi Everyone, we're coming up on 3.5 years of owing the KM C1085, so just for an update the press is still functioning very well. We have had a lot of problems with the FS532 folder/stapler unit and this has now been replaced with a new FS532 Unit. The press still prints beautifully for all the different jobs we print on it. We have a Service Contract in place and the press is kept in top operating condition. Over the last 3 years we have worked through a few issues we have had and it still leaves us with a very good Digital Press going forward.

Hi Everyone, we're coming up on 3.5 years of owing the KM C1085, so just for an update the press is still functioning very well. We have had a lot of problems with the FS532 folder/stapler unit and this has now been replaced with a new FS532 Unit. The press still prints beautifully for all the different jobs we print on it. We have a Service Contract in place and the press is kept in top operating condition. Over the last 3 years we have worked through a few issues we have had and it still leaves us with a very good Digital Press going forward.

This is great to hear. We've run millions on the KM line and never had major problems. We just installed the KM C6100 with banner drawer(29") and IQ. Fully automated front/back registration and color control. It takes under 90 seconds to dial a new sheet in. Also loving the new flat toner.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back