Canon varioprint DP135

halmac

We are replacing our Oce 4120. We have narrowed it down to the Canon 135 and the KM 1250. Is anyone using a 135? Happy? WE do about 250000-650000 per month 11x17.

We bought the Canon VarioPrint 135 and so far I couldn't be happier. It is fast! The quality is BETTER than offset! Make sure you get the G1 Stacker if you get one.

Hey Halmac!

How are you doing with your VP135? We don't know about buying it or maybe the KM1250.

Would you mind sharing your experience with the VP135?

We are still thrilled with the VP135. Apparently, there is a 145 now. The technicians come almost exclusively for regular maintenance. That's about every 500,000 copies. We had a couple of roller assemblies changed last month. We have 8,500,000 copies on it now. The quality has not changed since we got it. It is a beautiful machine. We print books exclusively so I can't tell you what happens on wide varieties of stock. I don't think it is suitable for running black overprints on colored stock. We run 16lb up to 32lb stock mostly for books. The biggest sheet size is 12.6 x 19.2. Another great feature is the registration adjustment for different stocks. The easiest thing in the world. You print off a registration sheet and make the adjustments very quickly and easily. If you get a test done choose something with lots of halftones and solids! You will be impressed. If you get it make sure you get the continuous stacker.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back