Versant 80 installed

The V80 toners are the same size as the C75 series. We go through a lot on the 80 We have 12 to 16 rounds of each color on the shelf right now. Don't rely on auto replenishment either.

Just to be clear, what Craig is saying is that the physical size and toner volume of the C75 cartridges are the same as the V80 cartridges (same amount of toner). However, since the fusing technologies of the two machines are totally different, you CAN NOT use C75 toner in your V80 (V80 toner is EA low-melt due to the fuser belt in the V80 running much cooler than a C75).

Just didn't want anybody reading that and getting the wrong idea.

-Best

MailGuru

Do you ever run into a problem with ordering extra toner and keeping on hand. I generally don't, but one month I ordered the same amount I always do, and I got a call from some "non-american accent" woman wanting to know why I ordered so much. Blah Blah Blah. Even went so far as saying they were going to need some prints of what we have been printing. I kept saying that I am ordering normal amounts of everything and she kept arguing. Finally she said well theres no need to order 27 K toners at a time. I only ordered 15, which is around our monthly K usage and she just said oops, sorry and hung up.

On our 2100 the machine orders the toner, and we generally have about 10 of each color on hand and they are probably 3 times the capacity of the C75s. On our C75, they are very stingy with it, and only let me have 5 of each color on the shelf at a time, which means we order ever 1 or 2 days, since they are so small. I guess they like paying shipping costs.

I canceled the auto-replenishment on a few of our machines. We have a Workcentre 7775, and they shipped us 20 black toners over the course of a week, when we usually use one or two max a week, sometimes even one every two weeks. I prefer the peace of mind knowing that I have exactly as much as I need, and Xerox didn't somehow overlook one of the parts and I'm standing there looking like a fool for trusting robots.

Do you ever run into a problem with ordering extra toner and keeping on hand. I generally don't, but one month I ordered the same amount I always do, and I got a call from some "non-american accent" woman wanting to know why I ordered so much. Blah Blah Blah. Even went so far as saying they were going to need some prints of what we have been printing. I kept saying that I am ordering normal amounts of everything and she kept arguing. Finally she said well theres no need to order 27 K toners at a time. I only ordered 15, which is around our monthly K usage and she just said oops, sorry and hung up.

Sometimes I get the same call, I just remind them of my print volume and the fact that we are a print for pay and they say thank you and hang up. Last time I got one I called my sales monkey and complained, I haven't got a call since.

Just to be clear, what Craig is saying is that the physical size and toner volume of the C75 cartridges are the same as the V80 cartridges (same amount of toner). However, since the fusing technologies of the two machines are totally different, you CAN NOT use C75 toner in your V80 (V80 toner is EA low-melt due to the fuser belt in the V80 running much cooler than a C75).

Just didn't want anybody reading that and getting the wrong idea.

-Best

MailGuru

Correct Guru, not the same toner, but same size and approximately same yield.

No i have a different agreement which buy my toners..so i need somehow to reduce the consumption of the toners.

I don't think there are any real options to reduce toner use. I would imagine most people are on a contract and pay per click. You don't have to worry about coverage as you pay the same whether the page has heavy coverage or light. Did you buy your machine used? No options to get on a plan with Xerox?

I don't think there are any real options to reduce toner use. I would imagine most people are on a contract and pay per click. You don't have to worry about coverage as you pay the same whether the page has heavy coverage or light. Did you buy your machine used? No options to get on a plan with Xerox?

I bought the machine new. My agreement is per click in a very cheap fee and covers all my spare parts, services etc, except the toners which i have to pay. I did this because we print a lot of Letterheads, envelopes ,NCR etc , so the coverage of the toner is light many times.

I bought the machine new. My agreement is per click in a very cheap fee and covers all my spare parts, services etc, except the toners which i have to pay. I did this because we print a lot of Letterheads, envelopes ,NCR etc , so the coverage of the toner is light many times.

NCR... Your tech will love to hear that! :D

I got hassled about toner just the other day. I can't remember exactly but I think I tried ordering 6 blacks for my J75 (this is not direct from Xerox but like a Xerox certified reseller from whom we bought the printer and have service). The thing that is frustrating is that when I order the toner I do so via a web form and give it my clicks. If they took the time to check clicks they would have seen that we were ordering 2 blacks every week for a month and that our clicks were showing that use. If they want to give us free shipping I will happily order 2 at a time every week.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back