Xerox C560 Seems Slow

gazfocus

Hi all,

As some of you may remember, I ordered a refurbished Xerox C560 with Dual Decurler and Low Volume Production Finisher.

Well, today, I finally had time to hook this beast up to our network and tried running my first print job (1000 x A5 Flyers).

I'm sure this is user error/something I've done wrong or not done at all, but the printer seems painfully slow. It prints 1 double sided SRA3 sheet, stops for a rest, printed 1 double sided SRA3 sheet, stops for a rest, and so on.

The printer has been going for about an hour now and has only printed 137 SRA3 sheets...that can't be right can it?

Any clues?

I would recon you disconnect your finisher and run the machine as is? Maybe the finisher is slowing down the press.

If it's pausing in between prints, it almost sounds as if it's recalibrating something like temp between sheets. Call your tech and ask him. It may have a sensor that's misreading something or the software needs some additional refurbishing.

I didn't, but I found that if I use 'coated 3' instead of Heavyweight options, it's quicker.

Yeah, something's wrong. We always ran on Heavyweight 3 and would get 25 12x18 sheets per minute. That's simplex though as it can't duplex that thick. We did do a few heavyweight 1 jobs, and if I remember correctly, we would get 18, 12x18 sheets per minute. It's been a long time, so I hope those numbers are correct and might help you...

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back