Is it me or the printer?

Maybe it's just me, but, lately, it seems that there is an increase on this forum of recommendations to just throw out the piece of equipment that is causing a challenge, and buy a different piece of equipment. An appropriate analogy would be:

"While driving at 40 mph or above, my car continues to pull to the left. Has anyone else experienced this? Any recommendations on how to fix?"

Answer: "Buy a new car"

Like I said, there's no life down here.................................

Haha, agreed. If I bought a new piece of equipment every time I was challenged, I'd be bankrupt haha. In my case, there's clearly an issue with the printer and as it's under a Xerox service contract, I definitely don't feel the need to go out and buy a new printer :)

I would bet it is in the registration roller area. We had a smaller box years ago the would need that roller replaced quite regularly. Not sure if tech can do it on this box but see if they can do image registration on the sheet too. Usually it is done in service mode and they have to center the target pattern on the sheet.

Just thought I would update the thread a little... finally caved in today and phoned Xerox support. The guy on the phone said there's not much I can do myself to fix the issue with the Xerox 560, so said they'd send an engineer out.

I took some advice from here and elsewhere online and opened the scanner and pressed go on the copier to give me a black box. I tried this from tray 1 and tray 6 (the OHCF) and on both printouts, the printed image was higher on one side than the other, so it's definitely the printer.

What made me crack was I had a small job on today (30 x A3 laminated menus). They have been a real pain in the backside due to the design and I'm not happy with the finished product. The same customer will be wanting other menus next week and I can't go through the same headaches again, so hopefully Xerox will fix the issue soon.

What I've found with my Xerox 700 is that every tray and every stock of paper has a slightly different alignment, so I've had to set up separate alignment adjustments for every thickness of stock I use.

I use Colotech+ and the cheaper Color Impressions material which has come down in price since Xerox sold their paper business to Antalis. I've tried lots of different digital papers but nothing compares to Colotech+, actually, I didn't realise the Xerox 700 could print at that quality until I tried Colotech+.

Make sure you clean all the rollers which are in the paper path. I use quick dry alcohol which is the same stuff litho printers use. This will give the paper a good grip and will help the paper in slipping.

What I've found with my Xerox 700 is that every tray and every stock of paper has a slightly different alignment, so I've had to set up separate alignment adjustments for every thickness of stock I use.

I use Colotech+ and the cheaper Color Impressions material which has come down in price since Xerox sold their paper business to Antalis. I've tried lots of different digital papers but nothing compares to Colotech+, actually, I didn't realise the Xerox 700 could print at that quality until I tried Colotech+.

Make sure you clean all the rollers which are in the paper path. I use quick dry alcohol which is the same stuff litho printers use. This will give the paper a good grip and will help the paper in slipping.

I have tried different papers and different weights, and do seem to get the same (or very similar) results from each, and while I don't expect front to back registration to be bang on, I do expect the image to at least be square on the page. This job of menus I had to do, I ended up having to cut them by eye, rather than using the edges of the guillotine, otherwise they would have been awful. Still not 100% happy with them, but the customer needed them for today, so going to give him them and tell him I'll redo them free of charge when Xerox have been out.

Just thought I would update the thread. We had the Xerox engineer out today the printer is now printing straight. There's a screw in the engine that when loosened, enables one of the components to move slightly (it actually has 4 position markers). This needed moving slightly and resolved the issue, so at least I know how to sort it if it happens again :)

Just thought I would update the thread. We had the Xerox engineer out today the printer is now printing straight. There's a screw in the engine that when loosened, enables one of the components to move slightly (it actually has 4 position markers). This needed moving slightly and resolved the issue, so at least I know how to sort it if it happens again :)

Hi, i recently bought a 560 and am currently facing the same problem you stated, can you please show pictures of the screw in question or help me in private?
Thank you very much.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back