KM 1070 - static (on Gloss especially)

intryck

We have a bit of an issue with static on gloss stock. We have the "anti-static" RU fitted, but it doesn't help for all stocks. There's an offset-setting in process adjustment. I'm wondering if any of you have a table of adjustments for different stock types / weights? I tried adjusting it for 130gsm Gloss but probably increased it too much, practically glued 500 sheets together...

Regards

Rikard, Intryck

We have 2 KM 1100's. I dont have a list for recommended settings...but our worst static is on 80 and 100# dull text. The setting seems to change throughout the year...dont know if its humidity, temperature or what. We used to run this stock on +100 to get adequate results. Last month though they started sticking together. After some testing we are now running -50 coated setting on. Just have to run some tests and see what works best for you.

Anti-static tinsel has helped me in desperate situations. We generally only use it on our folders, but I've had a few jobs where I taped some right along the machine output and it did a great job.
I've used it on our Imagepress and our old KM C6500.

Tinsel really helped us a lot as well.... Didn't eliminate the static but reduces it to point where it doesn't get in the way....

We had a job this week which was 128gsm Gloss and we had Static problems in the folder/stapler on our C1085. There are some new upgraded components which are available for the Folder Stapler unit to help with Static buildup and they are going to be fitted this coming week. The static is only in the folder stapler and does not cause any probs with normal job throughput.

Hi Rikard. When you say you have the RU fitted, is it the RU-509A or the RU-516? The RU-516 is only about 50mm's wide. If it is the RU-516, are you actively adjusting the settings of the Anti Static settings to mitigate the static? I have done this on a wide range of stocks and when doing this have been able to eliminate all static.

Hi Rikard. When you say you have the RU fitted, is it the RU-509A or the RU-516? The RU-516 is only about 50mm's wide. If it is the RU-516, are you actively adjusting the settings of the Anti Static settings to mitigate the static? I have done this on a wide range of stocks and when doing this have been able to eliminate all static.

It's the tiny one yes. I know where to adjust the settings, however I have no idea if I should increase or decrease it. There doesn't seem to be any info or user guide.

Hi. Sorry to drag up this old thread but what settings do I adjust to eliminate the static with the small RU?

Posted this on another discussion but it is relevant here....

Static has always been a problem with Konica's machines that have a small paper path. That unit they say gets rid of the static is not very good either. I have a 1060L and I cannot use a top feeding folder to fold after the cut because the sheets are stuck together. I have a bottom feed folder and that is the only way I can fold the product coming out of the C1060L since it completely removes the static.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back