11 x 25.5 paper

Shawnd

I need this custom size paper for a job, xpedx won't convert it unless I buy a tractor trailer load, any thoughts on a paper vendor that will here on the East coast? In the past I have bought 26 x 14 and had a local printer cut it down as our in-house cutter is too small, but this is going to be a good sized job so I was hoping for some better options.

Thanks.

Purchase it 26 x 40 or 28 x 40 (and cut 3 out) and almost always the paper company will pre-cut it for you for a small handling fee.

Try MAC Papers. I don't know if they go that far north, but, I know they are in Raleigh NC, which isn't that far from Maryland. Veritiv (used to be UniSource, and, I think they recently bought Xpedx) tried that with me a while back. I switched everything over to MAC and haven't looked back since. Since I switched, Veritiv has been very apologetic, and, sends a rep in about once a month to try and get my business back. Nope, my MAC guy takes very good care of me, good prices and very good service. I'd still go with what Erik said though, get 26 x 40 and cut 3 out

I have Veritiv (xpedx) looking into getting 28 x 40 cut down, they didn't have the paper stock I needed in 26 x 40. If they can't do that I will call MAC.

Thanks guys.

Btw, this will be run on digital, anything I should watch out for converting this down from larger sheets?

My JC Paper rep was just here and said that they would do it - no problem. He even had a formula for it, to net 10000 sheets 11x25.5 from 26x40 the cutting charge would be 85.50 . . too bad you don't have JC back east . . but any paper supplier should be willing to do it.

I have Veritiv (xpedx) looking into getting 28 x 40 cut down, they didn't have the paper stock I needed in 26 x 40. If they can't do that I will call MAC.

Thanks guys.

Btw, this will be run on digital, anything I should watch out for converting this down from larger sheets?

What digital printer are you running that will run a 25.5" long form?

My JC Paper rep was just here and said that they would do it - no problem. He even had a formula for it, to net 10000 sheets 11x25.5 from 26x40 the cutting charge would be 85.50 . . too bad you don't have JC back east . . but any paper supplier should be willing to do it.

Veritiv just came back with a cutting charge estimate, glad you posted that as it gives me an idea of how high they are, guessing they are hitting me with a PIA charge.

I'm not trying to sound abrasive, but why would you want to print 10,000 sheets through your duplex / bypass tray? It sounds painful! How many sheets fit at a time? 50? 100? You never mention if it's text or cover. It certainly sounds like an offset job just out of pure logistics. It cannot be cost-effective. Right? I could see if it was maybe 500, as I've had the temptation to convert our older 6501 Pro into a banner printer.

I'm not trying to sound abrasive, but why would you want to print 10,000 sheets through your duplex / bypass tray? It sounds painful! How many sheets fit at a time? 50? 100? You never mention if it's text or cover. It certainly sounds like an offset job just out of pure logistics. It cannot be cost-effective. Right? I could see if it was maybe 500, as I've had the temptation to convert our older 6501 Pro into a banner printer.

The original poster never said anything about 10,000 sheets - That was somebody else. That would be a painful print run on a machine like that.

On the Ricoh 7110 it is different. This would be for text paper. It will contain quite a bit of variable data so it has to be on a digital.

Specs:
Oversize Media Support: Run up to 1,100 sheets of media up to 13" x 27.5" with the vacuum feed oversize sheet option which accepts coated media up to 300 g/m2 for simplex printing.

Forgive me, coffee deficiency! RE-read and makes sense if variable data and hi-capacity. Press on!

Assuming that you are looking for a text weight or cover weight coated sheet, you should be able to find 25.5 x 38 sheets from most paper merchants.

That size can then easily be cut to 25.5 x 11, losing a 5" x 25.5" strip. If you don't have the cutting facilities, a trade printer or trade bindery would probably do it cheaply (we do it all the time).

If you need UNcoated sheets, you'd probably have to settle for 26 x 40. There would be more offcut, but still easy.

If you need the grain to be along the 25.5 direction, that would be more difficult: you'd need to get it from a 24x29 or 24x28 or some other size with a lot of waste.

Something to remember in all this: probably you'll save money buying larger sheets than 26x14... the "digital" sheets tend to be higher priced. My paper merchant tells me that there is usually NO performance difference between digital and press sheets of the same brand. (E.g., Lynx digital performs the same as regular ol' Lynx.)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back