Fiery jobflow pring hidden layers when imposing.

nemprint.dk

I use fiery jobflow for impose on Xerox versant 2100. But I found something odd.

- When I use the jobflow hotfolder with impose. Then all hidden layers in the pdf. Are unhidden. Which means that I get them on the print.
This is the ONLY combinatipon where the RIP print the hidden layers. (jobflow + impose)
I can use either alone, and there is no problems.

If I just drag the file in the hold que, and impose manually. Then I won´t print hidden layers.

Have anyone had that same problem ?

Last edited:
I use fiery jobflow for impose on Xerox versant 2100. But I found something odd.

- When I use the jobflow hotfolder with impose. Then all hidden layers in the pdf. Are unhidden. Which means that I get them on the print.

Have anyone had that same problem ?

Yes, this will ALWAYS happen with nearly ANY composite RIP when the ignorant designer who may be using Illustrator the Adobe PDF Preset: [Illustrator Default] instead of some of PDF/X preset, or if they modify the [High Quality Print] Adobe PDF from InDesign and turn on Export Layers; All Layers

Save PDF files as PDFX and layers get set for print ready properly. Layers setting are great for forms and design exchange and comps, but are NOT PRINT READY. They do not set the hidden layers to non-print.

Yes, this will ALWAYS happen with nearly ANY composite RIP when the ignorant designer who may be using Illustrator the Adobe PDF Preset: [Illustrator Default] instead of some of PDF/X preset, or if they modify the [High Quality Print] Adobe PDF from InDesign and turn on Export Layers; All Layers

Save PDF files as PDFX and layers get set for print ready properly. Layers setting are great for forms and design exchange and comps, but are NOT PRINT READY. They do not set the hidden layers to non-print.

Thanks Michael.
That worked.
Thank you.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back