Xerox vs Ricoh

Collapse
Canon
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting subject. I now have a KM 1070 and HATE it. Too waxey! Jams too much, and doesn't have the registration that it's spec'ed for. I've heard great things about the Ricoh, and have always been skeptical of Xerox. Last week Canon offered to buy out my KM, but I really think that would be a step back.

Comment

@CreativeCreative...Wait for your report.

Comment

Almost 3 years later...Ricoh relationships still rosy with everyone that went that direction? Interested in BW and color experience. Still good service? Machine still working well between calls? Did you continue as a Ricoh customer after your lease was up? Did you go with Ricoh direct or a dealer? Would you be comfortable purchasing an off lease machine like the 8120 or do you think the 8220 is the way to go?

I have been demo-ed to death on machines from all vendors and I don't feel like the Ricoh machine is weak at all, but I am cautious about service, as that is really what is killing us with our existing machines (Xerox).

Comment

If you're looking to use the Ricoh C7110sx with the white toner. Do many tests on all sorts of stock! I purchased the machine to run white on different coloured stock and I have had many issues and don't sell the option anymore. For what I wanted, the white had to run it first in a two pass manner. I had hard times with registration and I was never able to get a reasonable 0-100% gradation. I was either getting decent highlights or decent shadows, but neither together. I've had many technicians and non of them have been able to get it to run correctly!

The 4 colour work and the other "spot" colours work wonderfully though!

Test, test, test and look at the C7210. I Believe it can run white in a single pass.

Comment

The 7200 has the 5th color in a different position which makes a huge difference.

Ricoh service for us has been OK, I still have mottling issues on one 7110 that the techs can not fix on textured papers. Do not have the issue with the other 7110 or with gloss.

We left Xerox and have not looked back.

The Ricoh TRCU program is awesome if you are good at working on your own machines, keeps us up and the service calls down.
            (2) Ricoh Pro 7110SX digital printers
            OKI C931e with Straight Shooter Envelope feeder

Comment

Originally posted by kineticnrg View Post
              If you're looking to use the Ricoh C7110sx with the white toner. Do many tests on all sorts of stock! I purchased the machine to run white on different coloured stock and I have had many issues and don't sell the option anymore. For what I wanted, the white had to run it first in a two pass manner. I had hard times with registration and I was never able to get a reasonable 0-100% gradation. I was either getting decent highlights or decent shadows, but neither together. I've had many technicians and non of them have been able to get it to run correctly!

The 4 colour work and the other "spot" colours work wonderfully though!

Test, test, test and look at the C7210. I Believe it can run white in a single pass.
              We are actually not all that interested in the 5th color..I'm not sure if its something our customer base would use.

I have extensively tested the 7210, and it appears to be a pretty nice machine...really did well with registration, from machines I have tested. I demo-ed the clear and that was neat but not truly sure what I would do with it (beyond whatever personal projects I had). If we were to go this route, may be more inclined to step up to the 9200 for at least one device, low click charge/faster prints, much heavier media support...

My reservations are about the dealer specifically, they do business in 2 states only, most of their business is selling walk-ups, though they have a handful of production trained techs. Maybe that is enough for the number of machines they have? It is just a large contrast from doing business with the manufacturer. I am still doing research with them. I know of at least two businesses that renewed their leases/upgraded their equipment with them so there's at least a couple what I assume to be happy production customers. They say they will be able to hold parts at our facility (we have a large warehouse), which I guess is okay (we allow Xerox the same), as long as it turns into more uptime. They also talk about the TCRUs a lot, which is again a bit removed from our experience with Xerox. I am pretty sure I could handle it, but want to also be sure that if we are paying for a service agreement...we get technicians out in a reasonable time when we need it.

I could reach out to Ricoh direct and see where they are, I get the impression that they have a reduced local presence in our area...that most of the Ricoh buyers go to the dealer.

Comment

I could reach out to Ricoh direct and see where they are, I get the impression that they have a reduced local presence in our area...that most of the Ricoh buyers go to the dealer.
                If you don't like the dealer I would check out direct. I don't know where you are but what the reduction was in was the small business class machine customers (like a small business where they have one office copier) and they are putting more focus on the production and enterprise customers.
                Warning I am a Ricoh tech.

Comment

We are a design company and we have almost all of our finishing machines since we are doing direct printing and finishing.

We are using one Xerox J75 and one Ricoh 7110SX.

1. The V180 (80) and the Ricoh 7110SX are not equivalent.
                  The V180 (80) thinks it is closer to the office than the press.

2. Image Quality

Ricoh is a lot better than Xerox.

3.Regisiter

Xerox needs to work hard to fit and fit, because the image position on the front and back is not right.
                  However, Ricoh is very easy to automatically cut and finish after finishing, for example cutting a business card with aero cut or machining.

4. maintanance

Xerox has excellent maintenance, but it does not provide immediate maintenance. Although Ricoh does not provide faster maintenance than Xerox, TCRU has a nice self-maintenance system and has a much lower failure rate than Xerox.

5. We have been using Xerox for office use only after using Ricoh together.

Comment

Not knowing the full story of volumes, turn around times, its hard to give full advice, but these are factors i look at. Xerox will always be a bit dearer than the other companies. 5th color? well is it going to make money? , is nice to have.
                    xerox machines with 5th color are dearer than Ricoh, but are built to handle lots of work. also look at where your service comes from. closer of course, better. Cheapest machine not necessarily the best to go for. Haggle for a good deal, don't be shy to ask for anything reasonable, good luck.

Comment

4OverStandard FinishingDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)CanonKBATharsternAvantiXerox

Presswise Article

Collapse

Automated Order Status Tracking
                    In PressWise Workflow Solution

Presswise order status
                    Quick overview of the order status tracking feature on PressWise’s automated workflow solution

Link to Video

CanonDuploStandard Finishing4OverSmartsoft (Presswise)Xerox

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5675 users online. 97 members and 5578 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,597 at 10:25 AM on 04-20-2018.

Working...
                    X